News Article: Nicholson Interview

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Why is Nicholson even talking?

Nothing he can say right now is going to help. He should just go back into his hole and do his homework on hiring a new guy.

Todd from Leduc

Connor “The Next Great One” McDavid
Nov 15, 2017
Leduc
I still think we can make a push for the wildcard and I’m glad Bob Nicholson hasn’t given up on these guys. With that said I’m ok with picking Hughes as well.

Reactions: Louis Cypher

Shathar

Jul 23, 2009
Moncton, New Brunswi
lol

'well, the problem is consistency. right now, we're going through one of those losing streaks'. hahahahah Nicholson should.. .just stop doing interviews.

The rest of the interview is even worse.

Reactions: MikeGrier99

Shathar

Jul 23, 2009
Moncton, New Brunswi
In response to the Kosk signing. I had to rewind that interview to get it verbatim. It's gold.

"It certainly was peters. He used all his pro scouts to make that decision.
When we looked at Mikko and cam at the time, it certainly didn’t look like cam was going to come back with his contract there. Miko’s contract is up at the end of the year so, he could have been a fa as well."

lolololol wtf??? my lord.... my lord.

Honestly, if you had a guy ask a question, and a guy next to him pull a bingo ball out of a bingo ball shaker thing and call out the ball, it would make about as much sense.

Why did you sign Mikko over Cam?

.... B7!

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Losing streaks generally don't last for a quarter of the season unless you're really bad.
He did mention we have been going back and forth between winning and losing streaks.....winning streaks ?like the 1 or 2 we have had all season ?

rec28

Dec 16, 2003
Vancouver Island
Visit site
There is no reason why a legit question like this can be asked.

There is every reason. Those people are his employees and for him to publicly comment on them in detail would breach privacy and labour laws. People need to drop this expectation - no "dirt" will ever be shared in a formal or public setting. The employee's performance is between them and the employer. The best you'll ever get is some version of "we have full confidence in our team".

Reactions: Peanut Butter

cpsman

Aug 18, 2010
I'm not sure I should listen to this.
Nicholson is an absolute idiot.

These idiots running the show need to realize we are smarter than them. Their propaganda doesn't fool us. We know the team sucks. We know you have zero management capabilities. Just leave Bob. Leave.

killercookie

Apr 24, 2013
Know Wonder the Oilers are in trouble, Nicholson is a f*^%%$ing idiot!

Last edited:

Hemsky4pm2

Dec 2, 2017
No faith in Nicholson. Also not sure where his great reputation comes from.

Boils down to the echo-chamber and insular world of professional hockey. As Woodguy pointed out the other day, there are about 200 people in the "club".

I have essentially no faith in the current ownership/management to get the franchise back on track. It's really going to come down to how amazing McDavid and Draisaitl can be and how lucky the scouts can get at the draft. If they hit pay dirt (like Jamie Benn, Pavel Datsyuk, Nick Lidstrom level pay dirt) a few times things could turn around in a hurry. Lucking into a franchise goaltender would be nice for instance.

Uindicator

Sep 27, 2010
Finally an interviewer with questions that are relevant to the current situation, unfortunately the answers are your typical dodges, this guy has no clue what to do yet he’s confident they can turn this ship around next year Lmao! How can he even say that when they don’t have a general manager yet, they haven’t even started looking.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
We've been on a losing streak since mid December. The only realistic way we are getting a wild card pot is if we get 40 points in our last 24 games. It's going to take .800 hockey for us to get in. Sportsclubstats.com has us at a 1.8% chance to make the playoffs.

Hemsky4pm2

Dec 2, 2017
Only a severe gambling addict would seriously think the Oilers have a "reasonable" chance of making the playoffs. The Oilers need to surge and 5 other teams need to crumble simultaneously. Not happening. I really cannot stand pandering and patronizing communication from a business when the customers know the truth. Just own your ineptitude. Communicate how you're going to fix it and GET ON WITH FIXING IT.

That's the problem. The Oilers have no idea how to fix this mess. One of the problems is that canning the OBC isn't an option that's available (psychologically) to the owner and his inner circle. Their involvement is just a given and the "solution" needs to work around that reality. Hence - the viscous circle continues.

Reactions: RegDunlop

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->