GDT: Nice: Avs vs Sabres | 1 PM MT | March 9th, 2019 | Where's the Beef?

Game 69

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Great to pick up two points but this team still has no finish outside of Nate and Mikko. Buffalo was flat almost the entire game. Hutton played well but not that well. They shot the puck wide or into his chest all night.

Lots of head shots by Buffalo in this one. Eichel's on Soda should be a suspension if they're doing their jobs. Dahlin's on Mikko looked pretty intentional to me too, the puck wasn't anywhere near. A bunch of other high ones too, including two by Okposo on Jost in a row right in front of the ref. Zebras took the night off in this one.

Solid game by Grubauer. Pretty easy shutout with only 12 shots until the last two minutes of the game, but he should get the next one IMO.

Nate still isn't making great decisions out there. Passing when he should be shooting, and going 1 on 4 instead of dishing to the open man. He still has that unbelievable athleticism and wrist shot though. That's all it takes sometimes.

Soda with another great two way game. Great on the forecheck, and saved a sure goal on the rebound and wide open net. He's such a huge part of this team right now. I have no idea why Bednar didn't put the extra A on his chest for this one.

Jost with another great game. Continues to fly around the ice, and all but this one have been at center since his callup. Hopefully we can put this "he's too slow to play center" nonsense to rest soon. He's already skating just fine and hasn't even had another off season to make more improvements. One of these days it might be a good idea to give him more than 13 minutes but I'm not holding my breath with Bednar.

Love Mikko keeping the handshake tradition going with Landy out. You can tell they've become really good buds. After the Wing game, Landy posted the video of Mikko's backhand goal and Landy giving him a big hug.

ljb4

Feb 10, 2016
westminster Co
cut.jpg
Separated at birth?
images

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
I can't believe I just heard Bednar in the post game say he didn't mind their game in Dallas. You mean the biggest game of the year against a team you're chasing for a playoff spot, where you got pushed out of the rink all game, and lost 4-0? You didn't mind that?

I think he's referring to how it helps his chances of moving to LA in the off-season.

Reactions: MacBradley

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I missed the game because I was on a date with a 5'7 blondee that is Stanford educated, and raised in England (Yes I'm single now for those that pay attention to my craziness). I ate a 28 day dry aged New York, and she had the Salmon. It was an amazing night especially for an American country boy. It was worth it obviously, but it would be nice if this team f***in won when I had time to watch lately.

Thank you for the recaps people.

Reactions: Avs425 and Ivan13

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
I missed the game because I was on a date with a 5'7 blondee that is Stanford educated, and raised in England (Yes I'm single now for those that pay attention to my craziness). I ate a 28 day dry aged New York, and she had the Salmon. It was an amazing night especially for an American country boy. It was worth it obviously, but it would be nice if this team ****in won when I had time to watch lately.

No dessert?

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
No dessert?

We shared this

2Q0A3454-1_edit.jpg

It is called the Alaskan.. It is basically some weird meld of ice cream and frosting covering a cold chunk of chocolate cake. It was good, and I got a unprompted kiss on the cheek and the end of the night. For a first date I take than as a sign of well done for the evening lol.

I'm not a player, but I know how to play the game. It was nice to know I still have it after all these years.

Last edited:

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
We shared this

2Q0A3454-1_edit.jpg

It is call the Alaskan.. It is basically some weird meld of ice cream and frosting covering a cold chunk of chocolate cake. It was good, and I got a unprompted kiss on the cheek and the end of the night. For a first date I take than as a sign of well done for the evening lol.

I'm not a player, but I know how to play the game. It was nice to know I still have it after all these years.

Haha baked alaskan, a classic.

Getting a dessert is a good sign too, I've had a few dates where I didn't want to stick around for something sweet and the main course was all I needed to get to that conclusion.

Glad it went well! :)

Reactions: CobraAcesS

BrickNHL

Feb 25, 2019
I missed the game because I was on a date with a 5'7 blondee that is Stanford educated, and raised in England (Yes I'm single now for those that pay attention to my craziness). I ate a 28 day dry aged New York, and she had the Salmon. It was an amazing night especially for an American country boy. It was worth it obviously, but it would be nice if this team ****in won when I had time to watch lately.

Glad you found someone taller than our bottom 6 forwards.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Glad you found someone taller than our bottom 6 forwards.

I'm 5'11, and I actually enjoy a woman who is similar in height. She actually asked about it ahead of time too. I guess there are guys out there who find that a turn off, but what I didn't say was that in my experience certain things are easier and much more enjoyable when the women isn't a foot shorter than you. For anyone that is taller and dated a shorter girl trying to make that adjustment in certain situations just isn't possible lol.

I'm sure our smurfs have no problem finding 5 foot nothing bunnies to go after lol.

Haha baked alaskan, a classic.

Getting a dessert is a good sign too, I've had a few dates where I didn't want to stick around for something sweet and the main course was all I needed to get to that conclusion.

Glad it went well! :)

I love that you know what that is haha. She didn't and I had tried it in the past so I recommended it.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
The best part about this, to me, is that MacKinnon has 3 pts and Eichel has zero. Not that I have anything against Eichel but the guy TheJackAttack from the main boards who consistently downplays MacKinnon’s accompliments to prop up Eichel’s must be fuming
I mean its not really even close. Rants and Mack have 15 and 14 more points. Eichel is a good player but over rated. @TheJackAttack

armedequation

Mar 1, 2019
Im old and new to the board so im not quite sure of the nuances but why would you "tag" a poster from a different board?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad