Niagara Ice Dogs 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Can anyone tell me how big of an impact he will have?

Won't add much offensively (9 goals in 202 games) but is a solid stay at home D-man who can play physical which is why Nashville took a chance on him in the last round of the draft, hoping his offence would come around, but it hasn't really so he remained unsigned by the Preds

Reactions: Mcnotloilersfan

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Won't add much offensively (9 goals in 202 games) but is a solid stay at home D-man who can play physical which is why Nashville took a chance on him in the last round of the draft, hoping his offence would come around, but it hasn't really so he remained unsigned by the Preds

Cheers. So is he a good fit shutting down a top line?

icepups

Jul 11, 2014

A solid stay at home D-man is exactly what Niagara needs. They have enough flash and dash from the backend. A big body that will clean out the front of the net has been missing since Aaron Haydon graduated.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
WOW! you made that trade without Moore, Tomasio going...so hypothetically you could go for another big fish....Whats your roster look like? How is the draft pick inventory?

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Wow quite the move for you guys, Robertson is an awesome player. That's putting all your chips in the center! Too bad you had to give up Constantinou as he really impressed me when we played Niagara. Such calm/ confidence with the puck. But gotta give up something to get something. All and all I think fair deal for both sides. Season is getting interesting, can't wait to see what Ottawa is going to do with 13 seconds and 9 thirds in next 5 years.

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
niagara.PNG
Update draft chart after the trade

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Any chance those two return as OA’s and if so are there conditions in addition to the boatload of assets already given?

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
...this league has morphed into the Q...except teams hosting do not seem to band together to load up its rep

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
No... it means they sell Thomas next year and get a boatload of picks back.

That'll get back most of (but probably not all) the Robertson/Paquette picks but the Miletic trade and I assume at least 2-3 more smaller ones at the deadline this year will still put NIA in a tough spot for years to come. The price you have to pay in the OHL, unless you're set up like Ottawa where you can spend 10 2nds and still be fine lol

MartyHuggins

Mar 17, 2015
I like the idea of making a big trade this time of the year, Gives an extra six weeks before the deadline to gel!!!!

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Does this mean rebuild for the next half decade? I wonder how long before they can recoup the picks. The price for players is insane and the GM’s are to blame for setting the precedents.
Nope they can re coup most of the picks next season especially if Paquette comes back

coolwood

Dec 9, 2016
WOW! you made that trade without Moore, Tomasio going...so hypothetically you could go for another big fish....Whats your roster look like? How is the draft pick inventory?
I saw somewhere but I can't remember where that the deal was originally for tomasino but used his No-Trade to veto. I would assume that's probably why they needed to add Martin on top

Reactions: three dog night

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Dogs roll over the Colts last night 6 to 2 in a chippy affair before a packed house of 5 ,300 Robiston three assist Paquette one assist plus two plus double minor next game a visit to Hamilton.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad