Niagara Ice Dogs 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Icedogs knock off the Petes 5 to 2 with a four goal fist period outbreak that chased the starter Jones from the Net Merkley with a turnover resulting in the fou goal and almost cost them another one in period two all this before 3 ,783 fans in Peterborough. Next game Thursday at home against Kitchener turned into a four point weekend and top spot in the Central one more than Sudbury.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
This post is hilarious, have you ever seen the feed that comes out of Sudbury? Once they get the “technical difficulties” figured out which happens just about every game. We watch a game that looks like it’s being played in someone’s basement with half the lights turned off. If you’re lucky enough to spot the puck, you lose shortly after because the camera man is about two seconds behind the play. I guess you can listen to the commentators that get the visiting teams names wrong more often than right. That’s if he’s not leafing through the rule book trying to figure out what he should already know.
This post is hilarious, have you ever seen the feed that comes out of Sudbury? Once they get the “technical difficulties” figured out which happens just about every game. We watch a game that looks like it’s being played in someone’s basement with half the lights turned off. If you’re lucky enough to spot the puck, you lose shortly after because the camera man is about two seconds behind the play. I guess you can listen to the commentators that get the visiting teams names wrong more often than right. That’s if he’s not leafing through the rule book trying to figure out what he should already know.
Technical difficulties my ass, they’re rare and I watch every game, after I attend it that is.
As far as camera work and lighting, yes that used to be true but the camera work and lighting is much better now and the games are in HD so I don’t know what you’re watching. When’s the last time you took one in? Apologies if you’re one of the volunteer cameramen.
As far as the announcer Beech, yes he’s brutal but he’s doing less games now and our colour guys are actually good if you’re listening to their analysis. Everything is changing and improving in Wolves land.
Anyway the camera work got better after that comment but the director was asleep at the switch for awhile as the main camera feed they were showing was at the other end of the ice. You’re geeky play by play guy does his best to disguise his homerism and isn’t always successful but I love Ed Burkholder. I’d have a beer with that guy.

fishfan51

Sep 7, 2008
Niagara Falls
Technical difficulties my ass, they’re rare and I watch every game, after I attend it that is.
As far as camera work and lighting, yes that used to be true but the camera work and lighting is much better now and the games are in HD so I don’t know what you’re watching. When’s the last time you took one in? Apologies if you’re one of the volunteer cameramen.
As far as the announcer Beech, yes he’s brutal but he’s doing less games now and our colour guys are actually good if you’re listening to their analysis. Everything is changing and improving in Wolves land.
Anyway the camera work got better after that comment but the director was asleep at the switch for awhile as the main camera feed they were showing was at the other end of the ice. You’re geeky play by play guy does his best to disguise his homerism and isn’t always successful but I love Ed Burkholder. I’d have a beer with that guy.
Rare? Only every time I've seen a game out of Sudbury in the last two years. Maybe, locally they have no issues but getting the broadcast out to other markets seems impossible for them. You might be the first to complain about the broadcast coming out of Niagara. I'd put the two broadcasts against each other, put it up to a vote among impartial viewers and bet the house that they'd prefer the Dogs broadcast by a landslide. The funny thing is, the only complaint I've ever heard is about Burkholder. Meanwhile, I'd bet he has more hockey knowledge and experience in his pinky than anyone that complains about him.

Reactions: three dog night

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Rare? Only every time I've seen a game out of Sudbury in the last two years. Maybe, locally they have no issues but getting the broadcast out to other markets seems impossible for them. You might be the first to complain about the broadcast coming out of Niagara. I'd put the two broadcasts against each other, put it up to a vote among impartial viewers and bet the house that they'd prefer the Dogs broadcast by a landslide. The funny thing is, the only complaint I've ever heard is about Burkholder. Meanwhile, I'd bet he has more hockey knowledge and experience in his pinky than anyone that complains about him.
Chill man, are you sure you’re not involved in the broadcast? Anyway watch the next broadcast out of Sudbury and see if they’re haven’t been some definite improvements. There are many broadcasts that have much worse camera work.

fishfan51

Sep 7, 2008
Niagara Falls
Chill man, are you sure you’re not involved in the broadcast? Anyway watch the next broadcast out of Sudbury and see if they’re haven’t been some definite improvements. There are many broadcasts that have much worse camera work.
I have nothing to do with any broadcast out of Niagara whatsoever. Just found it amusing that of all people to criticize the Niagara broadcast, that it's someone from Sudbury. Honestly, not for the sake of this discussion, but we've always had trouble with the Sudbury broadcasts. Sometimes, its audio with no video or vice-versa, that's if the "Please stand by, we are experiencing technical difficulties" isn't on the screen come puck drop. I will agree, once they get it straightened out, it's better than has been in the past.

Can we agree that Erie is the worst?

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
I have nothing to do with any broadcast out of Niagara whatsoever. Just found it amusing that of all people to criticize the Niagara broadcast, that it's someone from Sudbury. Honestly, not for the sake of this discussion, but we've always had trouble with the Sudbury broadcasts. Sometimes, its audio with no video or vice-versa, that's if the "Please stand by, we are experiencing technical difficulties" isn't on the screen come puck drop. I will agree, once they get it straightened out, it's better than has been in the past.

Can we agree that Erie is the worst?
Ya man Erie is brutal. You have to crank the volume because you’ve got some low audio from the radio feed I guess. No intermissions to speak of and less than stellar camera work.
Flint has one main camera for each end of the ice so that’s not great either, Owen Sound is similar.
By far the funniest colour man though is the guy from Saginaw. It’s like calling the game and miking up your uncle. You can hear him cheering the goals and saying ahh darn etc when the other team scores. I love him he’s priceless. All around, Oshawa and London are among the best for me.
Anyway Niagara is a good broadcast too. I like my buddy Al Galloway too, he does a good job.

fishfan51

Sep 7, 2008
Niagara Falls
Ya man Erie is brutal. You have to crank the volume because you’ve got some low audio from the radio feed I guess. No intermissions to speak of and less than stellar camera work.
Flint has one main camera for each end of the ice so that’s not great either, Owen Sound is similar.
By far the funniest colour man though is the guy from Saginaw. It’s like calling the game and miking up your uncle. You can hear him cheering the goals and saying ahh darn etc when the other team scores. I love him he’s priceless. All around, Oshawa and London are among the best for me.
Anyway Niagara is a good broadcast too. I like my buddy Al Galloway too, he does a good job.
I was in Erie Saturday for the Dogs game, caught a bit of the replay when I returned home. I noticed they just use the in house camera for the broadcast. Any promotions that appear on the screens in the arena are part of the broadcast as well.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
I was in Erie Saturday for the Dogs game, caught a bit of the replay when I returned home. I noticed they just use the in house camera for the broadcast. Any promotions that appear on the screens in the arena are part of the broadcast as well.
How far from St Catherines to Erie? Back in 05 when I was training in Missy I was planning to catch a game there. I got as far as St Catherines and turned around.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Both times I went this year there was no border wait at all coming back. Saturday I was in my driveway at 11:15pm.
How is it down there? Seems like the folks are pretty friendly though I’m sure there are jerks in any arena.

fishfan51

Sep 7, 2008
Niagara Falls
How is it down there? Seems like the folks are pretty friendly though I’m sure there are jerks in any arena.
The first time I was there they were very loud. The Dogs jumped out to an early lead so they directed their anger towards the refs. The place was about 60% full, I imagine when they had those powerhouse teams and a full barn it had to be rocking.

Saturday night Erie scored on their first shot on net just 21 seconds in. The fans were barely into their seats. After that it was all IceDogs as they scored the next 8 straight goals. So, you can imagine there was little to no atmosphere.

Both times I wore a Dogs hat, I had no issues with anyone. Nobody acknowledged my hat. My daughter and I were the only was clapping when the Dogs scored, but after about the 5th goal we didn't continue clapping.

The people were polite, didn't run into any jerks. Nice arena, plenty of places to eat, shop, etc.

Reactions: Lycanthrope

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
The first time I was there they were very loud. The Dogs jumped out to an early lead so they directed their anger towards the refs. The place was about 60% full, I imagine when they had those powerhouse teams and a full barn it had to be rocking.

Saturday night Erie scored on their first shot on net just 21 seconds in. The fans were barely into their seats. After that it was all IceDogs as they scored the next 8 straight goals. So, you can imagine there was little to no atmosphere.

Both times I wore a Dogs hat, I had no issues with anyone. Nobody acknowledged my hat. My daughter and I were the only was clapping when the Dogs scored, but after about the 5th goal we didn't continue clapping.

The people were polite, didn't run into any jerks. Nice arena, plenty of places to eat, shop, etc.
I notice whenever the camera is on the fans they’re always smiling.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
The Icedogs jumped on Kitchener tonight in the first and never let up cruising to a 10 to 2 win before a sold out crowd of 5,300.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Looking forward to seeing the Ice Dogs for the only time this season. OS and Niagara have had a real energetic rivalry between the two clubs over the past number of years.

Wonder if any Ice Dogs fans will be making the trip to OS for a great Midwest/Central rivalry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->