NHL's next generation would be...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafontaine2Mogilny

Sep 2, 2004
Gone will be Sakic, Yzerman, Lemieux, Hull, ect....
Here are Kovalchuk, Heatley, Iginla, Gaborik
Next to arrive should be:Top 5 big names
K Lehtonen
N Zherdev
P Bergeron
MA Fleury
T Ruutu

Care to add to the list>

May 1, 2003
Visit site
As the generation of Sakic, Lemieux etc... pass i think the new generation of superstars will be filled with 50% European players or more, unlike the previous generation of mostly North American Players.

CH Wizard

Lehtonen32 said:
Kovalchuk, Horton, Bouwmeester, Lehtonen, Ovechkin.

And thats just from the Southeast :joker:

:joker:

Yeah the southeast division don't look pretty.Washington,Atlanta , Floride yeah Tampa bay are lucky to be in this division it's not pretty hard to win the southeast division.These teams are last on the standings that's why they almost alawaus have good draft.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vic Rattlehead*

monster_bertuzzi said:
Bergeron is NOT one of the league's next big star players.
True. He will be a consistent 60 point player though.

rnyquist

Oct 24, 2003
Visit site
19bruins19 said:
True. He will be a consistent 60 point player though.

consistent 60 points? Lets not get crazy, remember how he vanished in the playoffs. I could see 40 points but 60 i dunno, I think Bergeron will hit the sophmore slump hard

DBL

Sep 13, 2002
Visit site
rnyquist said:
consistent 60 points? Lets not get crazy, remember how he vanished in the playoffs. I could see 40 points but 60 i dunno, I think Bergeron will hit the sophmore slump hard

He didn't vanish in the playoffs, I don't know what the hell your talking about. He scored a nice OT goal in the 2nd game and had a strong first 4 games. The last 3 weren't great, but the whole team blew...

Bergeron IMO, will be a star player in the NHL. He doesn't have elite skills, but he has skills nonetheless to have at least a few PPG seasons. The best thing about Bergeron's potential though is how well of an overall game he's going to have. Future great leader IMO too, will have the ability to lead a team to the Cup. Definite playoff performer.

I also want to make this clear about Bergeron, he will max out his potential whatever it maybe, this guy is a true player. He's the closiest thing to an young Yzerman right now.

Bergeron sophmore slump... I don't think so, no way...

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
ShadowL said:
I also want to make this clear about Bergeron, he will max out his potential whatever it maybe, this guy is a true player. He's the closiest thing to an young Yzerman right now.

I think you're overrating him just a bit. I highly doubt there will be many more Steve Yzerman's out there. Bergeron is not one of them, I'll let you that.

I see him being a 50-60 pt player and nothing more. Players like him are excellent 2nd liners, but they can't lead a team to a cup.

BigAl

Oct 3, 2002
Visit site
Patrice Bergeron is one of the hardest working players I have ever seen on the ice. From what I understand he is also one of the hardest working players off the ice as well. I could definetley put a few different players instead of him for the next wave of star players, but he will have a great career.

BigAl

Oct 3, 2002
Visit site
CaptainBure said:
HAHAHAHAHA Dubnyk,dream on bro,dream on,not even a top 15 goalie prospect.

Why would you say that? Dubnyk is huge and has loads of raw talent. Don't be surprised if he is the next coming of Sean Burke. It may take time, but Dubnyk has the potential to be as good as any other goalie prospect.

PigPen

Jun 25, 2003
Detroit
Visit site
ShadowL said:
He's the closiest thing to an young Yzerman right now.

That's an insult to a young Yzerman, who was a gamebreaking talent as soon as he stepped into the league.

Bergeron is more like a Brindamour type player. Might have a similar career, IMO but comparing Bergeron to Yzerman is just insane. Might as well compare Afinegenov to Bure.

MrMastodonFarm*

Jul 5, 2004
BIGROCKET said:
Why would you say that? Dubnyk is huge and has loads of raw talent. Don't be surprised if he is the next coming of Sean Burke. It may take time, but Dubnyk has the potential to be as good as any other goalie prospect.
No, he doesn't.

He doesn't have the potential of Lehtonen or MA Fluery.

Kugel

Oct 16, 2003
Ontario, Canada
canada99 said:
Gone will be Sakic, Yzerman, Lemieux, Hull, ect....
Here are Kovalchuk, Heatley, Iginla, Gaborik
Next to arrive should be:Top 5 big names
K Lehtonen
N Zherdev
P Bergeron
MA Fleury
T Ruutu

Care to add to the list>
its not like anyone coming up will be as good as lemieux, i dont care about how good ilya or alex are......and hull is no longer a superstar, he was in the early 90's; but the other guy u said still are stars.

BigAl

Oct 3, 2002
Visit site
MrMastodonFarm said:
No, he doesn't.

He doesn't have the potential of Lehtonen or MA Fluery.

OH...i see....what was I thinking....oh yeah...kind of like the same way Martin Brodeur couldn't compare to Trevor Kidd. Dubnyk has the potential to be the best goalie.....every goalie has that potential. That is the thing with prospects, some of them don't show their true colors (skills) until years down the road. So yeah actually, Dubnyk could be the best goalie prospect out there.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
ShadowL said:
He didn't vanish in the playoffs, I don't know what the hell your talking about. He scored a nice OT goal in the 2nd game and had a strong first 4 games. The last 3 weren't great, but the whole team blew...

Bergeron IMO, will be a star player in the NHL. He doesn't have elite skills, but he has skills nonetheless to have at least a few PPG seasons. The best thing about Bergeron's potential though is how well of an overall game he's going to have. Future great leader IMO too, will have the ability to lead a team to the Cup. Definite playoff performer.

Bergeron sophmore slump... I don't think so, no way...

His scoring in the playoffs was on pace with what he did during the year. I'm a Montreal fan and never felt comfortable when he had the puck in our end. Don't worry about the "elite skills"; He just (July) turned 19 as he was a very young '03. He's the fastest improving '03 over the last two years no matter where you rank him overall. He cannot continue to improve at this pace or he would be top 20 in scoring this coming year. Of the '03s only Zerdev (who's 9 months older) had a comparable season. Not bad for a guy who was supposed to play another year of Junior after only one season in the Q.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad