NHLPA Player Poll Results for 2018-19

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Wow what a gong show of a thread yet again....maybe a new rule should be that McDavid and Kuch are not allowed to be mentioned anymore.

Halakitlikethat

Oct 10, 2013
British Columbia
You guys all need to chill. If me stating my opinion that Vasilevskiy has objectively been better the last few years gets you so riled up, the internet is not the place for you.
Vasy is great , there’s an argument for him for sure . The teams in front of each guy aren’t even close though , that plays a big factor in this

Tatre

Jan 12, 2019
Huh.
Is the love of golf kind of like fishing- an excuse to hang out and drink with your buddies?

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
6F50EC5A-4FC0-4827-98D5-97906DEFDD8B.png

Price has saved an entire 2 goals this year. Last year he was even worse.(For comparison Vasy has saved like 20). What you have to realize is that the players are just voting based on reputation and they don’t actually know shit.

Once someone else gets the reputation of best goalie in the league Price will soon disappear from these lists. For now he can still enjoy his grace period.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Maybe I’ve just missed it. I think the argument is bad tbh. Obviously a good player will see an increase on a good team, but it’s wont be massive, and they are gonna produce big numbers no matter what team they’re on
That argument goes both ways though. Imagine a super talented player playing for a terrible team that is regularily down 0-3, 1-4, 1-5 or worse in the 3rd period. Opposing defenses will loosen up and said super talented player will rack up meaningless points in already lost games. Hint: Said player is not Kucherov.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
Hey strawman. I didn't say he was the best player in the NHL! But thanks for trying!
Then why did you respond to the quote below which was specifically saying Barkov isn't the best forward in the NHL? His point is, the players had one vote for best player and the idea of someone voting for Barkov over McDavid is illogical. He's right. You implied that the idea of Barkov not deserving votes for being the best player in the NHL is why he's underrated.
But I see no logical reasoning that has either of McKinnon or Barkov getting any votes. In what way are they the best forward?
This is why Barkov is still considered underrated.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Who are the 49.8% who don't think Ovie has the best shot?

Does he have the best shot? I kept hearing people raving about how Laine's shot is the best ever the past 2 years. Shea Weber has the hardest shot.

I think if the question was who the best goal-scorer is and he didn't win unanimously it would be bad. Not sure for best shot it's as clear.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
The thing with Price is that he most definitely earned his respect, but at some point people have to let it go. It's one thing to give a player the benefit of doubt if you are going through a rough period if you had a decade worth of consistency á la Lundqvist and Luongo but Price really hasn't. He had one All-Star season, factually.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
Tell the players they're wrong!!!

I'm not sure why their opinion should matter more unless one is specifically talking about who is toughest to play against, coach you would like to play for etc.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Does he have the best shot? I kept hearing people raving about how Laine's shot is the best ever the past 2 years. Shea Weber has the hardest shot.

I think if the question was who the best goal-scorer is and he didn't win unanimously it would be bad. Not sure for best shot it's as clear.

Is there something other than Ovechkin's shot that is a primary factor in enabling him to score 3x as many goals as Shea Weber per season or sustain goal scoring in ways everyone else (including Laine) has been unable to?

I just don't see a case for anyone else.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I'm not sure why their opinion should matter more unless one is specifically talking about who is toughest to play against, coach you would like to play for etc.
So you think someone who watches the games can form an opinion similar to the players who actually play the game?

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
So you think someone who watches the games can form an opinion similar to the players who actually play the game?

Yes, having a chance to watch those players 82 times a year compared to playing them a few times a year. :)

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
yes, shooting the puck from a place where Weber goes about 5 times a year.

Weber doesn't play the point on the powerplay?

I just don't see any valid rationale for Weber having a better shot than Ovie. Ovechkin scores like 3x as many goals.

Do you think he is refusing to utilize his best attribute? Like for 14 seasons his coaches have been like "Weber could score 15-30 PP goals like Ovechkin does every year, but instead let's do that thing where he doesn't score goals."

I do not see that as realistic.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Is there something other than Ovechkin's shot that is a primary factor in enabling him to score 3x as many goals as Shea Weber per season or sustain goal scoring in ways everyone else (including Laine) has been unable to?

I just don't see a case for anyone else.

Instinct? Knowing when and where to be to be able to get open for a shot? Finding the soft spots in coverage to take a shot?

There are players in the league who can shoot as hard as Ovie, but it's his ability to get open/find the openings that allow the VOLUME of shots he takes.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
View attachment 202603

Price has saved an entire 2 goals this year. Last year he was even worse.(For comparison Vasy has saved like 20). What you have to realize is that the players are just voting based on reputation and they don’t actually know ****.

Once someone else gets the reputation of best goalie in the league Price will soon disappear from these lists. For now he can still enjoy his grace period.
The Deeper Numbers that Justify Price's "Best Goalie" Selection by the Players - InGoal Magazine

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->