NHLPA Player Poll Results for 2018-19

MartinS82

May 26, 2016
Maybe I’ve just missed it. I think the argument is bad tbh. Obviously a good player will see an increase on a good team, but it’s wont be massive, and they are gonna produce big numbers no matter what team they’re on

Yep, it was mostly a few years ago when they were up for Hart consideration. It was a bad argument then and is still just as bad. Kucherov is having a phenomonal season and deserves to be the front runner for the Hart/Lindsay.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
People really like golf that much? I appreciate the sport but I'm surprised so many people have it #2 after hockey. The fact that over 25% of the players said that Tiger Woods is their favorite non-NHL player is a travesty
Golf is a far more popular sport than hockey and Tiger Woods is one of the greatest athletes of all time. Most hockey players take it up as a serious off-season hobby. Makes sense to me.

Weird post. But NHL players don’t strike me as really being big fans of other sports as much as other athletes which could explain the absence of more popular athletes from sports like Football, Basketball, Baseball, Soccer and Tennis are missing.

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
Barkov got the 5th most votes for #1 best forward in the league.

Other poster said he should have 0 votes for best forward in the league...(because obviously he in not better than Mcdavid)

You used that to call him underrated, although you completely agree with what he said?

Is McDavid obviously stronger than Barkov? Is McDavid obviously better at defense than Barkov? Is McDavid obviously better on breakaways? Is it impossible for an NHL player to value the skillset of a 23 year old captain who's a perpetual ppg+/selke type player as being the best overall player in the league? Take a look at the poll. If you cannot accept that reality, then yes you are still underrating him. I don't think it's impossible for him to have 1 vote as best in the league, because quite frankly, it's not.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
Those results don't bode well for Kucherov's chances of beating McDavid for the Lindsay.

The real question should be do you give it to Kucherov for leading the league, McDavid for leading the Oilers to a lottery pick, or Crosby for dragging the Penguins to the playoffs?

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
What if this Tampa team has so many points because Kucherov is playing at a level Malkin and Crosby have never been at?

Kucherov is at 1.6 PPG. In 2010-11, before the Steckle hit, Crosby was at 1.61 PPG. Missed pretty much a year, came back in the latter half of 2011-12 season and was at 1.68 PPG. He was also 1.56 PPG in 2012-13.

Kucherov has been a PPG player in 3 of his 4 seasons. Crosby has been better than PPG in 13 straight.

PPG All Time, 6th and 14th respectively for Crosby and Malkin. I guess that just happened by accident.

Reactions: crackdown44

Kotkaniemi15

Sep 18, 2018
Montreal
Price is the best goalie in the world. The people who play him every night say that over and over again. People hate the Habs so much that they won't admit it.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
Kucherov has been involved in over 40% of goals on a stacked team. If you removed all the goals scored by Tampa’s bottom six I’m sure you could get the number over 50%

I'm sure if you removed all the goals from Edmontons bottom 9, you could get the number to 100%.

Kotkaniemi15

Sep 18, 2018
Montreal
He's definitely not better than Vasilevskiy over that same time frame. Also as a Habs fan I can't take your complaint about bias in this discussion seriously.
Price absolutely carries the Habs and is a clutch goalie down the stretch. I don’t understand how you can watch Price and say he’s not the best.

But hey, that’s not coming from me, it’s coming from 500 NHL players.

Weztex

Feb 6, 2006
He's definitely not better than Vasilevskiy over that same time frame. Also as a Habs fan I can't take your complaint about bias in this discussion seriously.

Vasilevskiy is running away with the Vezina this year and deservedly so. But Price is .928% so far in 2019 and has been playing like a legit top-3 goalie since his defense doesn't rely on Jeff Petry as 1D anymore. Considering he was a Vezina finalist a mere 2 years ago, I don't see how it is a stretch to see him top that poll. I think a lot of (stats loving) people are sleeping on him right now.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Price absolutely carries the Habs and is a clutch goalie down the stretch. I don’t understand how you can watch Price and say he’s not the best.

Technically it's coming from 150 players. 70% of those surveyed don't think he's the best goalie....

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
and here is the sanctimonious nonsense of an anonymous basement pro scout encapsulated in one post

I’m sure your opinion means more than guys who actually play in the league.....
You guys all need to chill. If me stating my opinion that Vasilevskiy has objectively been better the last few years gets you so riled up, the internet is not the place for you.

Steely Van

Oct 12, 2018
What does it matter? I'm a habs fan from Montreal living in Ottawa. I guess my allegiances would lie with Price, but I'm a bigger fan of individuals. Tkachuk and Duchene as individuals are probably my favourites.

Nice post, It takes guts to admit your a Price fan which might lead a poster like myself, to respond, I knew you were a fan of one of the winners. In additon to having class by not asking me, which one of the losers am I a fan of? I might be wrong thinking that the players don't care about the poll.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad