NHLPA Offical PC Thread: 4pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greschner4

Jan 21, 2005
mooseOAK said:
I hope that he gets called on that "some owners called me and said that the NHLPA offere was fair".

Looked like a jagoff when he said it, but, on the substance: so what? Those owners don't have the votes.

kerrly

May 16, 2004
Regina
According to Bob, they now have zero trust issues with the owner's numbers. "We have been responsible negotiatiors and we understand the numbers." And something along the lines, of trust not being an issue.

Last edited:

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
LetsGoPens63 said:
I know! Gotta love ol' Bob. He's been backed into the tiniest corner that he has NO CHANCE of getting out of, yet still will not back down. The wall of players supporting him is thinning as well, he doesn't have any credability left to stand on at this point, and I love it
biglaugh.gif

Oh man, how long has it gone when even as hard core fans, as most on HFboards are, just thinks these are a bunch of clowns and maybe thinks that there are better things to do than watch NHL hockey.

Personally though, I think this is better than Big Brother, Survivor or any other "reality" show on TV :joker:
Then again I got my SEL hockey which is my main priority anyway. But it doesn't mean that I don't want this mess resolved, because it's screwing things up over here too.

Greschner4

Jan 21, 2005
Goodenow probably isn't swift enough to realize that this performance may have held the key to whether he keeps his job.

He obviously failed the test. Zero out of 100.

Lobstertainment

Oh no, my brains.
Nov 26, 2003
Toronto
mooseOAK said:
I hope that he gets called on that "some owners called me and said that the NHLPA offere was fair".

He did get called on it

"Uhhhh a couple...how many have you talked to?"

and then he didn't name names.

:shakehead

crossxcheck

Nov 17, 2003
Nashvegas
SSJTOM said:
He did get called on it

"Uhhhh a couple...how many have you talked to?"

and then he didn't name names.

:shakehead

man, he's even a bad liar and a little smarta$$. This guy is complete and total scum. Fire him, NHLPA. Fire him!

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
Ladies and gentlemen...

Let's all just sit back, put our feet up, light a stogie and bear witness to the disintegration of a reputation. And maybe of a players association too.

Shadow Journal

Non, je ne regrette rien
Jun 20, 2003
These press conferences were a joke, I don't no why I expected any different though. The media were awful and didn't ask any of the questions I wanted answered. The media needs to start holding these idiots accountable for the loss of this season, and the eventual death of the NHL.

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
kerrly said:
According to Bob, they now have zero trust issues with the owner's numbers. "We have been responsible negotiatiors and we understand the numbers." And something along the lines, of trust not being an issue.

spoken like a true liar ... eeerrr lawyer

crossxcheck

Nov 17, 2003
Nashvegas
Jack Black said:
These press conferences were a joke, I don't no why I expected any different though. The media were awful and didn't ask any of the questions I wanted answered. The media needs to start holding these idiots accountable for the loss of this season, and the eventual death of the NHL.

since when has the media held anyone accountable for anything??

Kessick

Dec 25, 2003
Hockey Universe, ON
Visit site
He's on Sportsnet now, talking about the way the league handled things as disrespectful back on Dec. 9th. And the way he handled himself this afternoon? Disrespectful to both the fans and owners. :speechles

crossxcheck

Nov 17, 2003
Nashvegas
ccliquer said:
He's on Sportsnet now, talking about the way the league handled things as disrespectful back on Dec. 9th. And the way he handled himself this afternoon? Disrespectful to both the fans and owners. :speechles

I'd hate to be married to a twit like goodenow. He's always the victim, isn't he? Sounds to me like he has some psychological problems and major insecurities. He's a complete waste of flesh.

Captain Conservative

Apr 1, 2004
My Blue Heaven
Jaded-Fan said:
This time next week, Bob's next question and answer session will go something like this:

'Would you like fries with that?'

Actually I believe the exact quote will be "Would you like an apple pie with thaaat, Would you like an apple pie with thaaat, ding fries are done, ding fries are done!"

Luc Labelle

Lucius 895 Injuries
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2005
Winnipeg
I love the fact that 2/3 of the way through the PC the cameraman either fell asleep or got disgusted with looking at Goodenow face (as viewed live on TSN) as Bob spewed rhetoric completely ignoring the fans or the good of the sport.

Lobstertainment

Oh no, my brains.
Nov 26, 2003
Toronto
Luc Labelle said:
I love the fact that 2/3 of the way through the PC the cameraman either fell asleep or got disgusted with looking at Goodenow face (as viewed live on TSN) as Bob spewed rhetoric completely ignoring the fans or the good of the sport.

you noticed that too? :lol

mooseOAK*

Another of my favorite hypocrisies was blaming the owners for spending themself to the point where they needed assistance from the player and later on calling them greedy. I know he is Harvard educated and all but he doesn't seem any brighter than the average hockey player.

"Mr. Goodenow, you just spent 1 billion of your constituents' money and got them nothing for it. What are you going to do now"

"I'm going to Disneyland! No, wait they are the enemy."

Shawnski

Jan 8, 2004
Just browsing over here as to the HF posters thoughts. Pretty much what we have at CP. I posted this on that forum and thought you might get a chuckle:

Hahahahahaahhahahaaa!!!

Funniest line of the day just came on the Fan960 radio (here in Calgary). Joe Sports (program host) is announcing that "Up next is the lies, errrr, live news conference with Bob Goodenow"

Freudianly priceless.

MrMackey

Aug 7, 2003
cgy
Visit site
Shawnski said:
Just browsing over here as to the HF posters thoughts. Pretty much what we have at CP. I posted this on that forum and thought you might get a chuckle:

Hahahahahaahhahahaaa!!!

Funniest line of the day just came on the Fan960 radio (here in Calgary). Joe Sports (program host) is announcing that "Up next is the lies, errrr, live news conference with Bob Goodenow"

Freudianly priceless.
Joe Sports is almost a bigger idiot than Goodenow. If he stuck to covering football, then he'd be fine, but he knows nothing about hockey.

Those are my thoughts not yours.

firstroundbust

lacks explosiveness
Mar 3, 2004
Parts Unknown
Captain Conservative said:
Actually I believe the exact quote will be "Would you like an apple pie with thaaat, Would you like an apple pie with thaaat, ding fries are done, ding fries are done!"

lmfao!!!!!!

Stephen Lynch > Bob Goodenow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad