NHLPA Offical PC Thread: 4pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperNintendoChalmrs

Jun 28, 2002
Buffalo
Pang just threw out a few gems on ESPN about Bob Badenow.....

1. Players have been trying frantically to get in contact with Badenow.....he isn't returning any calls.

2. Pang then said he was just on the phone with a player.....and the player said about Badenow......"We have been sold down the river."

And North America gets to see an immature, smarmy assclown like Bob Badenow at the podium.

How the players don't put in a vote to fire Badenow's whining ass by midnight tonight would be amazing.

DevilFisch

Jan 11, 2003
Edison, NJ
www.inlouwetrust.com
Marty#35 said:
Why the hell is ESPN siding with the players? Pang is a moron.

ESPN knows little and cares little about hockey. Whom they support and what they think is nothing significant. Besides, they got poker, they got Tilt; they don't need to worry about an actual sport.

EDIT: The only silver lining I can find in this humungeous black cloud is that Goodenow gets dropped ASAP (He ceases to be! He's an ex-executive-director!) and the NHLPA agrees to a new CBA in the very near future. Will that happen? Of course not. I hate today already and it's not even over.

Robert Paulson*

Wow, Goodenow is such an ass. Bettman starts off his conference with an apology to the fans, and Goodenow says nothing until someone else asks him about it. Then responds with "But Bettman should be the one who's apologizing, it's all his fault."

:shakehead

Greschner4

Jan 21, 2005
incawg said:
"You can call it linkage, we call it indexing."

Worst. Answer. Ever. Bob is totally busted on item #7 of his CBA proposal.

It's not indexing if it can't go down, you arrogant and defeated loser.

Dr Love

Mar 22, 2002
Location, Location!
SuperNintendoChalmrs said:

1. Players have been trying frantically to get in contact with Badenow.....he isn't returning any calls.

2. Pang then said he was just on the phone with a player.....and the player said about Badenow......"We have been sold down the river."
Unfreaking believable. I know he's busy today, but you gotta figure he'd have time to return some calls to big name players (if they called, which some certainly did).

EdBelfour20

Jan 19, 2004
Do you think deep down inside Bob realizes how stupid he and his union are being? It's like they have dug themselves into a hole and can't get out. If had had stepped back at taken a real look at what is occuring here.. ah forget it, I'm done :banghead:

mooseOAK*

Anthony said:
i think bob just realized he screwed up by not apologizing in his opening remarks
That's because the NHLPA's goal was to get the owners to open up their wallets, the fans are secondary. All this "the players are the product and the fans are paying money just to see us" rhetoric shows how they feel. The owners at least have to consider their customers' feelings.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
LetsGoPens63 said:
Wow, Goodenow is such an ass. Bettman starts off his conference with an apology to the fans, and Goodenow says nothing until someone else asks him about it. Then responds with "But Bettman should be the one who's apologizing, it's all his fault."

:shakehead

I don't know what's wrong with my but I actually laughed out loud when I heard him say that about Gary needing to apologize too.. because.. becausee. HE STARTED IT!!! :lol :lol:

Greschner4

Jan 21, 2005
SuperNintendoChalmrs said:

And North America gets to see an immature, smarmy assclown like Bob Badenow at the podium.

How the players don't put in a vote to fire Badenow's whining ass by midnight tonight would be amazing.

The players have been sold down the river and I sympathize with them. Goodenow fought his and the other PAs' battles and not his players. He used their zeal and loyalty for his own purposes and indeed sold them down the river. He conducted the worst negotiation I can ever remember and ever expect to see.

They should fire Goodenow immediately and file a lawsuit for malpractice against him.

Takeo

Jul 9, 2003
Visit site
EdBelfour20 said:
Do you think deep down inside Bob realizes how stupid he and his union are being? It's like they have dug themselves into a hole and can't get out. If had had stepped back at taken a real look at what is occuring here.. ah forget it, I'm done :banghead:

Of course, he knows. But there's a point when you disregard rationality to preserve your ego. It has become personal. He won't give in for the sake of not giving in. It's not about hockey in the least and certainly not about the fans.

crossxcheck

Nov 17, 2003
Nashvegas
You know, despite there being no hockey this year, it is worth it to see Goodenow make a complete a$$ of himself on national television. :lol

CarlRacki

Feb 9, 2004
Anybody else get the sense that Goodenow is almost too stunned to speak by the fact that Bettman and the league didn't blink this time around? Goodenow's strategy all along has been to force a deadline and count on the fact that the owners wouldn't dare cancel a season. Miscalculation. Big time.

But at least we won't have to read any more posts saying "Bob Goodenow has never lost a labor dispute."

mooseOAK*

I hope that he gets called on that "some owners called me and said that the NHLPA offere was fair".

Greschner4

Jan 21, 2005
Maybe I'm in denial, but I still think the mutiny could take the form of a union demand for a vote on the league's last proposal and an acceptance of it.

Robert Paulson*

Riddarn said:
I don't know what's wrong with my but I actually laughed out loud when I heard him say that about Gary needing to apologize too.. because.. becausee. HE STARTED IT!!! :lol :lol:
I know! Gotta love ol' Bob. He's been backed into the tiniest corner that he has NO CHANCE of getting out of, yet still will not back down. The wall of players supporting him is thinning as well, he doesn't have any credability left to stand on at this point, and I love it
biglaugh.gif

Takeo

Jul 9, 2003
Visit site
Greschner4 said:
Maybe I'm in denial, but I still think the mutiny could take the form of a union demand for a vote on the league's last proposal and an acceptance of it.

You would think that option should have been pursued all along. Let the players who actually play vote not these corporate thugs.

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
The NHLPA

should start fresh, look at the books and see how much pie there is.

Then make the best deal they can get.

Course I cant take credit for this idea, seeing as its Bettmans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad