NHLPA faces labour board charge...

HOF

Apr 1, 2006
I was watching Prime Time sports today. Bob M, that idiot, wasn't on so I didn't change the channel.

They were talking to their buddy Kypreos and he said Roloson was the guy who asked for some documents he was entitled to see, but the PA wouldn't hand them over, etc.

That made the labour board suspicious enough to file suit.

Timmy

Feb 2, 2005
I was watching Prime Time sports today. Bob M, that idiot, wasn't on so I didn't change the channel.

They were talking to their buddy Kypreos and he said Roloson was the guy who asked for some documents he was entitled to see, but the PA wouldn't hand them over, etc.

That made the labour board suspicious enough to file suit.

Well, I'm sure White's ready for a fight, oppressed as he is.

Not to mention Richards, Luongo, Mitchell, Jagr, Shanahan, Pronger, the Sedins, and Iginla.

They were robbed, blindsided, and worst of all, bamboozled.

Hell, half an hour in a bar with Toronto's defence'll tell you that. McCabe won't even play in the NHL under a cap.

Roloson's so woefully underpaid under this new system it isn't even funny.

Well, maybe it's a little funny...

dafoomie

Jul 22, 2005
Boston
Whats wrong with a player wanting to see the CBA? All parties involved should see the CBA. A player has the right to see the CBA in which they work under.

Why would the NHLPA refuse to provide copies of the CBA? Its required by law.

GSC2k2*

I love the subtle wording of the media.

"Has" filed ...

The charges were filed in November. Nine months ago.

This is "news".

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
There's always a little militant group within an association a/o union that will never accept drastic change that is needed.
Obviousy the majority of players are happy - they're getting big money still and lesser teams are getting more recognition as a destination to play (ie. Arnott to Nashville).

Weary

Jul 1, 2003
I love the subtle wording of the media.

"Has" filed ...

The charges were filed in November. Nine months ago.

This is "news".

I thought the news was:
The NLRB concluded that "the unions failure in refusal to provide bargaining unit employees with copies of the complete current collective bargaining agreement with the NHL, including all "side letters" incorporated into that agreement, violated section 8 (b) (1) (A) of the act".​

But perhaps my reading comprehension is just faulty.

Fugu

I thought the news was:
The NLRB concluded that "the unions failure in refusal to provide bargaining unit employees with copies of the complete current collective bargaining agreement with the NHL, including all "side letters" incorporated into that agreement, violated section 8 (b) (1) (A) of the act".​

And if there is nothing to hide, why not comply with the by-laws of one's own association?

hockeytown9321

Jun 18, 2004
I thought the news was:

Perhaps you're just an illiterate troublemaker like Chris Chelios. Then again, perhaps you're not

Weary

Jul 1, 2003
And if there is nothing to hide, why not comply with the by-laws of one's own association?

It's not the even the NHLPA's by-laws at issue here. They were found to have violated the National Labor Relations Act. Specifically the section regarding "Restraint and Coercion of Employees."

I haven't seen this published elsewhere, but if it's true, Messrs. Saskin and Linden may be in a bit of hot water.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad