Status
Not open for further replies.

Lobstertainment

Oh no, my brains.
Nov 26, 2003
Toronto
getnziggywidit said:
I am going to make a prediction.

I predict that the NHLPA will this time ask for linkage somewhere around 65%.

I estimate they will be willing to negotiate that down to 60%.

Just my prediction.

I doubt it, if they negotiate on Linkage though...wow.

Luongownage

Kassian? #epicfail
Jan 20, 2005
Terrace, BC
Here's whats going to happen this time:

The agree to a cap, the agree on revenue sharing, they agree on a floor salary, but Bob Goodenow won't come down to Bettman's 44 number instead of Gary taking his 46. Bob storms out like a litte girl, Gary pouts like a baby. Talks end, more name calling.

There, I just saved all you guys four days of hoping and wondering. Now go back to your real lives and do something constructive instead of waiting for these idiots to get something done.

Its OVER

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
Colt.45Orr said:
KPD/hub of hockey -who stops by the Bruins board was the first to report optimissm of a deal at the same time as everyone else was making their cement shoes...

I think the credit should go there first...the guy is smart...he isn't in the Hall-of-Fame for nothing and he didn't win the Sportwriter of the Year award for nothing... :D
spot-on, As well, Darren Pang should get a nod.

davidwii

Jan 20, 2005
nomorekids said:
For those of you defending Eklund--

You realize that..he was reporting these things as happening...before they were factually going to happen? He took guesses based on rumors, and like the good little cult members you are, you swallowed his poisoned Kool-Aid.

I agree with you...while I hope somewhere in my heart his optimism is well founded. I've often thought that he started making things up from the beginning, but then here and there hit something....so that led to some minor credibility. Notice how now he offers up his email on almost every post for people to email him?

What I'm getting at is that maybe he started a fraud and because there are many gualable (sp?) people out there, people in the know might actually have started feeding him information...possible?

I will say this though, so far his writing has been horrible. That article he wrote stunk of Jr. High School and everything so far has sounded VERY AMATUER.....BUT if you go read his current addition...a supposed message from a player to the other players...

I think its pretty well written. It actually uses some pretty grown up words such as empathy...haha....seems much out of his league in terms of writing style. I mean, maybe I'm used to such dribble on his site that anything else seems worthy...but I doubt it.

This one actually seemed....I don't know...emotionally driven and sinscere...

Any thoughts????

Crows*

The score reporting that bettman was authorized to go to 45 million at the last minute before his press conference. BUt the last letter he sent to goodnow "hemmed him in a corner" and he chickened out.

Which is the reason why he and daly left the door open.

ChiHawks468

Jan 19, 2005
Aurora, IL
In_Todd_we_trust said:

The agree to a cap, the agree on revenue sharing, they agree on a floor salary, but Bob Goodenow won't come down to Bettman's 44 number instead of Gary taking his 46. Bob storms out like a litte girl, Gary pouts like a baby. Talks end, more name calling.

There, I just saved all you guys four days of hoping and wondering. Now go back to your real lives and do something constructive instead of waiting for these idiots to get something done.

Its OVER

Well, Thanks Todd. I guess we can all leave now. Last one out, get the lights!

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
In_Todd_we_trust said:

Its OVER

So then why do you bother to continually post in here?

ChiHawks468

Jan 19, 2005
Aurora, IL
futurcorerock said:
spot-on, As well, Darren Pang should get a nod.

Yeah, I love that little bald guy. Couldn't stop a puck to save his life here in Chicago, but I think he is one of the better analysts out there. He eluded to this minutes after the Goodenow PC.

A Good Flying Bird*

Crows said:
The score reporting that bettman was authorized to go to 45 million at the last minute before his press conference. BUt the last letter he sent to goodnow "hemmed him in a corner" and he chickened out.

Which is the reason why he and daly left the door open.

Very interesting stuff.

MLH

Feb 6, 2003
davidwii said:
I agree with you...while I hope somewhere in my heart his optimism is well founded. I've often thought that he started making things up from the beginning, but then here and there hit something....so that led to some minor credibility. Notice how now he offers up his email on almost every post for people to email him?

What I'm getting at is that maybe he started a fraud and because there are many gualable (sp?) people out there, people in the know might actually have started feeding him information...possible?

I will say this though, so far his writing has been horrible. That article he wrote stunk of Jr. High School and everything so far has sounded VERY AMATUER.....BUT if you go read his current addition...a supposed message from a player to the other players...

I think its pretty well written. It actually uses some pretty grown up words such as empathy...haha....seems much out of his league in terms of writing style. I mean, maybe I'm used to such dribble on his site that anything else seems worthy...but I doubt it.

This one actually seemed....I don't know...emotionally driven and sinscere...

Any thoughts????

That's what I was thinking. Even if his blog started off as a sham, there is no denying it's popularity. What's stopping an NHL player from e-mailing him?

Lobstertainment

Oh no, my brains.
Nov 26, 2003
Toronto
ChiHawks468 said:
No it isn't. But it's more of a quality, not quantity thing for you I think...

I take the "**** like rabbits" approach to posting. Just pump out a whole bunch and hope a few are good.

ChiHawks468

Jan 19, 2005
Aurora, IL
MLH said:
That's what I was thinking. Even if his blog started off as a sham, there is no denying it's popularity. What's stopping an NHL player from e-mailing him?

I agree, based on everything I have read (yes, I admit I do check his site...like everyone else here!) on his site, he could not have written that supposed e-mail. Doesn't make it legit, it just suggests it isn't his.

Lobstertainment

Oh no, my brains.
Nov 26, 2003
Toronto
mudcrutch79 said:
It's rare that you see a post that exemplifies everything that's wrong with the internet.

Wait a tick.

how did you quote chi with my quote?

oh well as long as one of my little bunnies worked then it's all good.

seriously though I do try for some kind of quality with my posts, I just post a lot, not having a life rawks/sucks

MLH

Feb 6, 2003
ChiHawks468 said:
I agree, based on everything I have read (yes, I admit I do check his site...like everyone else here!) on his site, he could not have written that supposed e-mail. Doesn't make it legit, it just suggests it isn't his.

If it was written by a player, I'm impressed. It was well written, thoughtful, and ballsy to question Goodenow. He pretty much hit every point the pro-owner crowd has thrown at the players.

Motown Beatdown

Need a slump buster
Mar 5, 2002
Indianapolis
Visit site
Yeah Panger was on it. Just as Yzerman was saying they still can reach a deal. Who are the best of friends? Pang and Yzerman.

Each side has been given a 2nd chance, they better not frack it up!! :madfire:

ChiHawks468

Jan 19, 2005
Aurora, IL
joepeps said:
so were in March and were start the play offs... theres still hope to save a season lol :lol

Well, even though we are apparently a little slow here in the US (opens door for many, many comments) and are still in February, yes!

go_leafs_go02

Apr 24, 2004
London, ON
I bet both Goodenow and Bettman have read Ek's blog at least once before, and he's been on the FAN 590 at least twice now, and is getting almost 200,000 hits a day.

He must be doing something right. and he's starting to lose his name as a fraud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->