NHLPA and NHL to resuscitate negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.

incawg

Mar 7, 2003
Canuckland
Visit site
The just updated with the following quote:
A league executive told Sportsnet, "While nothing is written in stone yet, we expect the PA in New York by the weekend."

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Ohhhh BABY!!! As John Davidson would say.

Im more optimistic of a season now more then i was 2 weeks ago.

MLH

Feb 6, 2003
Peter said:
Eklund, the blogger no one wants to listen to, reported this days before these outlets.

He also predicted progress, when everyone else was painting doom and gloom. A day later the PA proposed a cap.

I think he has his sources, but greatly exaggerates and filters to meet his agenda.

OilKiller

Feb 1, 2005
canadatv.invisionzone.com
Peter said:
Eklund, the blogger no one wants to listen to, reported this days before these outlets.

Yep, I saw that too. I go by there just for fun now and while everyone else was saying it is all done and over, he never has and reported this stuff before anyone else. Although, what else is he going to report...perhaps just good guessing on his part, or hope, or both? :dunno:

Crows*

Hang onto your hats everyone.

THIS IS THE FINAL KICK AT THE CAN.

For the credibility of the business
For the credibility of the players
For the credibility of the Owners
For the Credibility of the greatest game on the planet

Do it for the fans.. we pay these owners we pay these players. We've made them millionaires. We've sunk our minds, hearts and lived every day like it's the last following our teams through the years.

We live breathe and die with every shot, save and goal. For god's sake, let us be able to breathe the fresh mild springtime air of april may and june and know that we have playoff games to watch.

There is nothing like watching the playoffs, there is an auro about it. Waking up to a sunny morning and the anticipation of the first game of the first round. There is nothing like it in sports.

For the sake of springtime flowers blooming and for the sake of the sound of sticks clicking on the ice, and roaring crouds for a double overtime victory, towels waving and goalies saving.

Get a deal done. :handclap:

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
OilKiller said:
Yep, I saw that too. I go by there just for fun now and while everyone else was saying it is all done and over, he never has and reported this stuff before anyone else. Although, what else is he going to report...perhaps just good guessing on his part, or hope, or both? :dunno:

I think he's as reliable as his sources are...

It is possible you know for him to get a scoop, and then for that scoop to not turn out

deathbear

Jul 8, 2003
Manitoba
Visit site
Crows said:
For god's sake, let us be able to breathe the fresh mild springtime air of april may and june and know that we have playoff games to watch.

There is nothing like watching the playoffs, there is an auro about it. Waking up to a sunny morning and the anticipation of the first game of the first round. There is nothing like it in sports.

this is just SO true.

ah, brings back memories to 1994 especially. i was in grade 6 at the time. such an amazing time...

A Good Flying Bird*

Peter said:

Who cares about Eklund.
The very same day the season was cancelled, Steve Yzerman told the MEDIA OUTLETS that he still thought something would get done. EJ Hradek and Darren Pang, who work for big MEDIA OUTLETS, both said they thought there might still be talks.
Anyone with a brain knew there was too much progress to simply stop.

Any many of us knew that the season wasn't over when the little dictator went to the podium and announced it was over.

People need to stop having fits at every news report and remember the big picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad