NHLPA´s 4 p.m. press conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
i like the fact they moving the nets back, every since they put more space behind the nets, scoring has gone down. Hopefully this means lss cycling.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
SPORTSMANIAC said:
Did you wat Bettman just said they will be annoucing the draft lottery results from 30th to 1. The lottery is definitley fixed.

They will be ANNOUNCING the results from 30-1, but picking the balls from 1-30. Can't be fixed that way.

nyr7andcounting

Feb 24, 2004
DJAnimosity said:
They will be ANNOUNCING the results from 30-1, but picking the balls from 1-30. Can't be fixed that way.
Why not? From what he said, it sounds like they will be drawing the balls behind closed doors with him, Daly and some accountants present. Why can't it be fixed?

crossxcheck

Nov 17, 2003
Nashvegas
nyr7andcounting said:
Why not? From what he said, it sounds like they will be drawing the balls behind closed doors with him, Daly and some accountants present. Why can't it be fixed?

if your logic is that it is fixed because it's behind closed doors, then the #1 pick has been fixed every year since they started the lottery!

GSC2k2*

nyr7andcounting said:
That is why the accountants are there - to certify the results, just as is done in real lotteries.

Don't be so intentionally dense.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Something that struck me was Mike Gartner saying the league could have had Larry, Curly, and Moe working for them and the still would have won the public relations battle.

I believe the actual name of the firm is Dewey, Cheatum and Howe.

nyr7andcounting

Feb 24, 2004
crossxcheck said:
if your logic is that it is fixed because it's behind closed doors, then the #1 pick has been fixed every year since they started the lottery!
First of all this is clearly a different situation. Not every team has had a chance at winning the lottery since they started, it's usually like 12 teams. And out of those 12 only the top 3 or 4 have any kind of real chance. There would be no chance they could fix it beacuse it's obvious that 1 of 3 or 4 teams will win. Not the case now.

Anyway, I never said it's going to be fixed, but the post I was replying to made no sense. How does the fact that they are picking the balls behind close doors and announcing it 30-1 mean that it can't be fixed?

nyr7andcounting

Feb 24, 2004
gscarpenter2002 said:
That is why the accountants are there - to certify the results, just as is done in real lotteries.

Don't be so intentionally dense.
I'm not saying it's fixed. The guy said "They will be ANNOUNCING the results from 30-1, but picking the balls from 1-30. Can't be fixed that way."....just because they are announcing in a certain order doesn't mean it can't be fixed. So I'll ask again, what does the order they announce the results in have to do with wether or not it can be fixed?

And btw, if you think they would have trouble fixing it because there are a couple of accountants in the room, who probably work for the NHL anyway, than your crazy. It's definetly possible, and I don't see how announcing the order 30-1 or picking 1-30 make it impossible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad