NHL21 created prospects/players list

ETTHAKING67

Feb 12, 2019
Alex Turcotte and Tyler Madden (Kings top prospects) were added to the game for Berlin of the DEL. Jesper Wallstedt (projected top 15 pick, best G in the 2021 draft) was added on Lulea of the SHL

That's a pretty big change IMO. Finally having a 5th overall player is great.

Does anyone else have a hard time playing players that don't have a 2D photo?
I wish we could export pictures or find a way to solve that. That's one of the biggest reason why I have a hard time playing long Franchise. In FIFA they have fake 2d pictures and it's a game changer for me.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Florida's Juho Lammikko needs to be created (unless you are using EA's updated rosters), for those who are keeping track. Always nice when I have more to add to the created players list. I may not even do the fringe-AHL'ers who may not even make an impact.

Neill99

Oct 30, 2006
Does anyone know when in Dec the next roster update and which players with added?.

David Filipe

Nov 7, 2020
Florida's Juho Lammikko needs to be created (unless you are using EA's updated rosters), for those who are keeping track. Always nice when I have more to add to the created players list. I may not even do the fringe-AHL'ers who may not even make an impact.
lammikko shouldn't be on their updated roster as he signed after the update came out. lammikko should might be on one of the first rosters but that would be all until the next update.

David Filipe

Nov 7, 2020

Does anyone else have a hard time playing players that don't have a 2D photo?
I wish we could export pictures or find a way to solve that. That's one of the biggest reason why I have a hard time playing long Franchise. In FIFA they have fake 2d pictures and it's a game changer for me.
tells you something about ea nhl right. even if you were far along in franchise they have the black faces

Reactions: ETTHAKING67

RandyBobandi

Apr 16, 2012
Saskatchewan

Does anyone else have a hard time playing players that don't have a 2D photo
?

Completely agree. It does kinda ruin it after a while when it’s all blank faces. If Madden and FIFA can have that why can’t they do that for hockey? It would be nice if they had a draft class editor like Madden so you didn’t end up with a guy named Tiny Rupp from Russia that goes first overall lol

GOilers88

Upside Down Canadian Flag
Dec 24, 2016
Completely agree. It does kinda ruin it after a while when it’s all blank faces. If Madden and FIFA can have that why can’t they do that for hockey? It would be nice if they had a draft class editor like Madden so you didn’t end up with a guy named Tiny Rupp from Russia that goes first overall lol
Connor McMuffin

Reactions: Trizz617

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
So, the most egregious error I've seen with EA, and there has been a lot. It's annoying enough that the person-in-charge of editing overall's and attributes of players, has MANY with the wrong handedness.

They have this player here at 5'11", 161lbs, when in real life he is 6'6" 198lbs.

130702346_858682521584423_5195189809158818660_n.png

So, unless he grew literally 6inches in the span of 1 year.
I think EA messed up, again....

Reactions: connorbutnotmcdavid

David Filipe

Nov 7, 2020
What did they update in the December 16th roster update? Thanks!
That update may have included putting retro jerseys into the game, added any contracts that were signed, trades that happened, roster moves in Euro leagues, and possibly add any players in Euro Leagues and QMJHL. Only things I can think of.

GOilers88

Upside Down Canadian Flag
Dec 24, 2016
Fair enough, but I do think some of you have forgotten it's a video game.
I agree. I still haven't bought this years and don't plan on it. Finally stuck to my guns. But you're right people are free to not play it if it makes them so angry.

I do think a lot of the complaints are valid though, without any real logical explanation as to why they're even present at all especially when you compare to the rest of their sports titles. Why on earth do they firmly refuse to add roster sharing when it's in the other titles? It's like they know and concede that it's in such a poor state that people wouldn't buy the new roster update each year if others could actually do the real work and overhaul all the ratings,so they ignore it.

That's pretty bad.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

Oilslick941611

slapshot into the empty net...utterly irrelevant
Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Who pays that much for a game? I haven't bought the game since NHL 18 and won't until there's roster sharing.
they don't charge 90. they charge 60. 90 is for the stupid online coins deluxe editions. its misleading to say 90 when the base game is 60.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Fair enough, but I do think some of you have forgotten it's a video game.

People should have higher expectations IMO. I don't think NHL is as bad as people say, but I'm not going to get mad at someone for expecting more.

Now Madden on the other hand deserves every bit of scorn they get. Garbage game.

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
I'm a firm believer that there will never be roster sharing in the NHL games because then there won't be any reason for people to buy the new game each year. At this point, the only changes made to the games are aesthetics, plus a few dekes and shot styles here and there. For the most part, the new thing people are paying for is the rosters, and I think EA knows that.

On that note, it really confuses me as to why Madden has that feature & a decent-to-good soundtrack, whereas NHL doesn't, and most times has an incredibly shitty and short soundtrack. Strange company

Reactions: Rene Saari

ted2019

History of Hockey
Oct 3, 2008
pittsgrove nj
I'm a firm believer that there will never be roster sharing in the NHL games because then there won't be any reason for people to buy the new game each year. At this point, the only changes made to the games are aesthetics, plus a few dekes and shot styles here and there. For the most part, the new thing people are paying for is the rosters, and I think EA knows that.

On that note, it really confuses me as to why Madden has that feature & a decent-to-good soundtrack, whereas NHL doesn't, and most times has an incredibly shitty and short soundtrack. Strange company

Madden has roster sharing and I think that they still sell a few new copies each year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->