NHL.TV / Center Ice Discussion - Part III [See the warning in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan
i contacted my TV provider about Centre Ice...says there is no plan for a refund, but gave me Centre Ice phone number to call...should be some credit....

IslesCLT

Apr 25, 2019
Charlotte
I just did a quick chat with NHL.TV and asked about broadcasting the exhibition games and any tournament games starting 8/1 and this was their response (basically, nothing is settled at this time).

At this time, we are currently waiting for more information from the League regarding broadcasting and blackouts. Normally, all playoff games are broadcast nationally in the US and blacked out on NHLTV for 24 hours. However, if there will be an exception this year has yet to be determined. We will likely know more in the coming days so I recommend checking the NHLTV section of NHL.com for updates on our subscriptions and what is available.

Reactions: Preds Partisan

Azrael89

Feb 13, 2017
Anybody else unable to watch the free replays today? They worked fine last night.

IslesCLT

Apr 25, 2019
Charlotte
They updated the NHL.TV homepage, I'm assuming this means it's included with my 2019/20 full season purchase.

Watch the Stanley Cup Qualifiers™ LIVE. Exhibition games begin July 28th and the puck drops August 1st. Blackouts and restrictions apply.

Reactions: wolfgaze

taketheracingline

Aug 31, 2018
They updated the NHL.TV homepage, I'm assuming this means it's included with my 2019/20 full season purchase.

Watch the Stanley Cup Qualifiers™ LIVE. Exhibition games begin July 28th and the puck drops August 1st. Blackouts and restrictions apply.

I live chatted with the nhltv support team and they confirmed that 19/20 full season purchase includes the remainder of the season. I'm kinda lucky watching in the UK that I don't have to deal with national blackouts on all games, just the ones that our NHL rights holder shows!

ellja3

May 19, 2014
Ķekava, Latvia
I live chatted with the nhltv support team and they confirmed that 19/20 full season purchase includes the remainder of the season. I'm kinda lucky watching in the UK that I don't have to deal with national blackouts on all games, just the ones that our NHL rights holder shows!

Thanks for the update, I was wondering about this.

letsgoavs1921

Jul 26, 2006
For anyone with Directv, I called a few weeks ago and when they told me they were not sure if credit was being issued I just asked for a one time $40 credit in case they never did one. And they said OK. FYI

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
I live chatted with the nhltv support team and they confirmed that 19/20 full season purchase includes the remainder of the season.

Thanks for the info, I was on the verge of being angry that they're asking for more money - as I didn't request any type of refund for the missed games this season (or wouldn't have either, had the whole season been canceled).

Sad how such poor customer service often results in them making more money, as it's not even worth the hassle to try and get some money back.

Fortunately, that doesn't seem to be the case here. Though, I'll believe it when I'm watching the games at no additional cost.

Azrael89

Feb 13, 2017
Does anyone know if Center Ice on DirecTV is showing these games or do I have to buy NHL tv?

ArmadilloThumb

Apr 20, 2018
Do not see the Pittsburgh - Phily game in my grid (paid for Full Year of Centre Ice). Called Bell Canada and the kind person told me the NHL won't be starting until December and that was all the information they had. Bell Canada has obviously let it's support staff down and failed to bring them up to speed.

ellja3

May 19, 2014
Ķekava, Latvia
I know it's still 4hrs till the game, but I logged in NHLtv (thru nhl.com) and it doesn't look like there's an option to watch the exhibition game. Please, correct me if I am wrong.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Email i got a few days ago.

To our valued subscribers,

With the NHL slated to return to play August 1st, we are writing to let you know that we will begin to charge monthly subscription fees again starting July 28th. A reminder that your billing date remains the same as it has always been. For example, if you normally get charged on the 10th every month, you will be charged again for the first time on August 10th.

We understand how challenging the last four months have been and we appreciate you sticking with us through the uncertainty. We are excited for hockey's return and are looking forward to providing a first class experience for our customers.

With the return to play, your subscription will get you every game of the Round Robin, Stanley Cup Qualifiers and Stanley Cup Playoffs, blackout-free, both live and on-demand.

As always, if you have any questions, please reach out to our customer support team at 1-844-764-6459.

Sincerely,

The NHL LIVE Team

I'm going to go ahead and say that the exhibition games aren't included since they didn't explicitly mention it. Hopefully i am wrong.

Reactions: Faterson

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012

I'm going to go ahead and say that the exhibition games aren't included since they didn't explicitly mention it. Hopefully i am wrong.
I don't even see an option to pay for it either. Pretty big ball drop IMO. Imagine people dying to watch hockey for 4.5 months and not being able to bring the first game back to TV.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON

The fact that they are starting to charge subscription fees again as of July 28th (the start of exhibition games) as opposed to August 1st (the start of the qualifying round) might indicate that they are including the exhibition games. But maybe not.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
The fact that they are starting to charge subscription fees again as of July 28th (the start of exhibition games) as opposed to August 1st (the start of the qualifying round) might indicate that they are including the exhibition games. But maybe not.

I had that thought but when i login and see everything blank in the calendar until the start of the qualifying round, it doesn't give me much optimism. However, I hope your right.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Alright so for people in Canada, looking at the upcoming schedule, it looks like all the Qualifiers/Round-Robin games up til the 5th are on Sportsnet, Sportsnet 1 or Sportsnet 360 except for COL vs. DAL on the 5th. Everything after is TBD. But the only pre-tournament games on those channels are the 6 Canadian teams (who all play each other, so 3 games total).

Schedule | Jul 28, 2020 ET

I signed up for NHL.TV during the break for free, but now when I log on, it has the $75 offer for the full playoffs or $30 per month. So it looks like the only option to watch the 9 pre-tournament games that involve the American teams is to dish out $30 for the monthly NHL.TV subscription. Am I correct in that assumption?

I mean, I miss hockey, but that's pretty damn steep lol.

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
NHL.com shows most of the exhibition games (except Leafs/Canadiens and Islanders/Rangers) as being available on NHL.TV.

Schedule | Jul 28, 2020 ET

I don't think just because there's no "NHL.TV" displayed with some games, that means that game won't be available in the app.

You get the same thing when you look up the schedule for play-in games starting on Saturday – you don't see "NHL.TV" next to every game, but of course every game will be available via the app.

From the look of my NHL.tv app here in the EU/Slovakia, it appears as if all exhibition games should be streamed via the app, but we shall see (as soon as tonight).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->