NHL.TV / Center Ice Discussion - Part III [See the warning in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
  • So for the last few months, anytime I try to sign in to the NHL app on Roku I keep getting told incorrect username/password.
  • This only happens when I try to sign in to the NHL app on Roku.....so if I am already signed in on the NHL app on Roku, I am fine.
I had deliberately kept myself logged in on my Roku mobile stick for this reason.
  • Since I have been a vagrant staying at so many different places the past few months, when I tried logging in to the hotel/hosts Roku NHL app this is when the problem would occur.
  • However, this past Friday it 'spread' to my Roku.
    • When I opened the NHL app, I got in fine, but there were no game feeds.
      • This has happened before, and the standard procedure is to delete the NHL app, then re-install.
        • I did so, and sure enough the game feeds were back BUT I was logged out.
        • When I tried logging back in, boom, wrong username or password and now I can't get the NHL app on Roku.
  • What's odd is I am able to get NHL.TV on my mac and iPhone with no issues.
  • There I do get prompted to login, but unlike Roku, a. my login info is saved (I don't have to re-enter it) and b. it works.
Don't know what the problem is, but would be nice to get it squared away on Roku.
I have been experiencing slightly different issues with the NHL app on Roku the past couple of weeks. When I get into the app to watch a game, I get the "no feeds available" error. If I logout and then log back in to my NHL account, the feeds are back. I have to do this every day, but until recently never had this issue.

This has been happening both on the Roku Ultra on my home network via Comcast Xfinity, and on a Roku Express on my mother's AT&T Internet connection. I have not tried on my Apple TV 4K on the home network recently, as that app suffers from audio sync issues.

Last edited:

rkhum

Aug 3, 2011
I have been experiencing slightly different issues with the NHL app on Roku the past couple of weeks. When I get into the app to watch a game, I get the "no feeds available" error. If I logout and then log back in to my NHL account, the feeds are back. I have to do this every day, but until recently never had this issue.

This has been happening both on the Roku Ultra on my home network via Comcast Xfinity, and on a Roku Express on my mother's AT&T Internet connection. I have not tried on my Apple TV 4K on the home network recently, as that app suffers from audio sync issues.
Yea you have to uninstall then reload the app.

CrazyMonkey1208

Apr 9, 2012
You know what would be nice? Make refs wear body cameras and show the whole game from their POV. Maybe have a channel with just on ice sounds and no commentary for those of us who know hockey and would rather feel more like being at a game.

217 Forever

Sep 15, 2014
Wonder what the refund situation will be. Guess it depends on if games eventually resume or not. For centre ice specifically not game tickets just to clarify.

Reactions: LeapOnOver

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Wonder what the refund situation will be. Guess it depends on if games eventually resume or not. For centre ice specifically not game tickets just to clarify.
I'm about to make another monthly payment to NHLTV I'm assuming if the season is canceled they'll refund from this month on, if the season continues I guess it will stay the same where you paid off the annual subscription and watching the games. If its shortened, which means you watched less games than what you paid for, maybe they'll make partial refund or something

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Please let us know what you find out.

They refunded me the money, and all they said was "We have issued a refund for your request to cancel NHLtv. Please allow..."

Didn't really want to cancel, but I guess if the system has no way of putting it on hold, that's the only option. Have to wait and see if the season resumes, what they will charge to cover the rest of it.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I've been wondering if they'd offer a refund for people paying yearly if the season gets cancelled, or a discount on 20/21 or something. If they're still charging for this season though then I don't hold out much hope.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
I've been wondering if they'd offer a refund for people paying yearly if the season gets cancelled, or a discount on 20/21 or something. If they're still charging for this season though then I don't hold out much hope.

I've been wondering the same thing . I'm waiting foir the official word from the NHL, that there's no more hockey this season b4 Calling my CI provider asking for a refund. Be sure that as soons as it's official that i'm gonna make a call .

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Might be the wrong place to ask - but does PlutoTV have any NHL games on any of their sports channels?

Upgraded to a Contour Box from Cox that looks like an android box(?)

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I've been wondering the same thing . I'm waiting foir the official word from the NHL, that there's no more hockey this season b4 Calling my CI provider asking for a refund. Be sure that as soons as it's official that i'm gonna make a call .

I called Xfinity and the rep says no decision has been made as of yet.

rkhum

Aug 3, 2011
So I purchased NHL.TV on March 3 for $25.
On March 12 they gave me a 50 percent refund, and said to call back once there was a decision on the season.
So I called back, since the regular season is done, and they told me just now:
-50% is the max refund they are giving to all customers who purchased in March

But, we get to have access to NHL.TV until 10/2/2020 so we can re-watch games 48 hours later!
Whopdee do!!!

I asked about crediting to next season and they said no. WHAT a bunch of crap.
Wondering if I should call me credit card issuer (Amex) and dispute it.

rkhum

Aug 3, 2011
So I purchased NHL.TV on March 3 for $25.
On March 12 they gave me a 50 percent refund, and said to call back once there was a decision on the season.
So I called back, since the regular season is done, and they told me just now:
-50% is the max refund they are giving to all customers who purchased in March

But, we get to have access to NHL.TV until 10/2/2020 so we can re-watch games 48 hours later!
Whopdee do!!!

I asked about crediting to next season and they said no. WHAT a bunch of crap.
Wondering if I should call me credit card issuer (Amex) and dispute it.
Weird, just got an email from NHL.com saying I would have my refund processed in 5-7 days....guess they changed their minds

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
If/when the NHL gets going this summer - will Center Ice be available as well ?
I have a similar question, but for NHLTV.

Will NHLTV broadcast any of this year's playoffs if they actually have the playoffs this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad