Post-Game Talk: Preds NHL Trade Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
It just occurred to me that, similar to the offseason free agency frenzy, we always talk about these big names and nothing ever comes of it. We'll talk Stone/Panarin and end up with a Hartman instead. I don't mind Hartman but after talking so much about Stone/Panarin it's going to be a huge disappointment.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
It just occurred to me that, similar to the offseason free agency frenzy, we always talk about these big names and nothing ever comes of it. We'll talk Stone/Panarin and end up with a Hartman instead. I don't mind Hartman but after talking so much about Stone/Panarin it's going to be a huge disappointment.
I won't actually be disappointed if they at least trade for a Silfverberg/Nyquist/Zuccarello type though. Whoever is left and going for a 2020 2nd+B prospect... a "bargain" would actually be a pretty good move for us. Still gives us a chance at shaking up the 2nd line. Leaves us with our A prospects and 1st pick. And we can still have fun dreaming about signing the big names when the free agent frenzy rolls around.

PredsHabs

Jul 9, 2013
Lyles,TN

I too always end up hugely disappointed but something seems different this year. We will see.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
I just think with Duchene rumors and him being in love with Nashville, he seems just such an obvious choice.

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
Duchene would re-sign here IMO. I'd feel very comfortable with that trade.

I'd be ok with it and I think I've posted this before my only hesitation on trading for him is I feel we can easily sign him in the offseason, so why give up our already shallow prospect pool for him.

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
I'm still disappointed we traded a 1st rounder and prospects for Hartman. In my opinion it wasn't worth it. I think I would of rather gave other people in our systems a chance to play in a bottom 6 than trading for one for a 1st. And no offense to boyle but I think paying a 2nd for him was a steep price as well hopefully he proves me wrong, because Hartman hasn't

Reactions: maplepred

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Hartman was brought in to be a 2nd/3rd line winger who could contribute, and was for a span early this season. Then mid-December rolled around and he slid from a 20+ goal pace to no goals in two months.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
what hartman was brought in for and the player he has been with us are 2 different things.

i think it's safe to say that that trade was not one of poile's finest moments.

turris trade now looking bad as well.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Hartman has been greatly misused in his time here.
hartman averaged 31 points in his 2 full seasons

31 points last year between us and Chicago.

he's a bottom 6 winger. he's on the 4th line in my dream world.

let's also not forget he has lost his cool in both his playoffs. one against us and one with us.

that trade was a mistake.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
hartman averaged 31 points in his 2 full seasons

31 points last year between us and Chicago.

he's a bottom 6 winger. he's on the 4th line in my dream world.

let's also not forget he has lost his cool in both his playoffs. one against us and one with us.

that trade was a mistake.

Yeah, I agree that trade is not looking good. However, I think we could get more out of Hartman with a proper usage. Bottom-6 winger for sure but a 15-15 pest in your bottom-6 isn't bad. He looks disengaged playing on the 4th line with Gaudreau etc. It's not like anyone else is producing outside of JOFA so worth a shot. He started well there.

Reactions: FilthyScoresberg

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Yeah, I agree that trade is not looking good. However, I think we could get more out of Hartman with a proper usage. Bottom-6 winger for sure but a 15-15 pest in your bottom-6 isn't bad. He looks disengaged playing on the 4th line with Gaudreau etc. It's not like anyone else is producing outside of JOFA so worth a shot. He started well there.
well gaudreau has just become a guy that is there. doesnt really do anything.

hartman can definitely be a piece for us moving forward but it's bottom 6 and that's it.

his most common line mate on the wing his last season in Chicago was Patrick Kane. I think he had Hossa on the opposite wing his first year.

our entire forward group is a mess anyways outside of the first line. you can find something about every guy no problem. it wouldn't take much digging.

Reactions: maplepred

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
31 point average the last two years is pretty damn good.

Look, it's not rocket science what Poile was thinking. Hartman was trending up and he looked like a young piece that could be added to the core and provide depth scoring. If my memory serves me right Poile had some quotes before the season about top six time and Hartman basically making what he wanted out of the season. Poile is(was) obviously a fan.

He has clearly fell out of favor with the coaching staff. More often than not he has been on the 4th lately. He is 11th in TOI/GP among forwards. He doesn't get any significant time on the PP or the PK. I think the writing is on the wall for him.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
he sees more ice time here than he did in chicago. we just don't have a Patrick Kane to put him with.

yes, 31 points average a season.

but, in just his time in nashville, he is at 25 points per season and this year he is on pace for 25 points.

i understand what poile may have been thinking but it hasn't worked out. he was benched/suspended in must win games last playoffs as well.

poile stinks at deadline deals.

SavageSteve

Mar 28, 2008
Nashville, TN
I won't actually be disappointed if they at least trade for a Silfverberg/Nyquist/Zuccarello type though. Whoever is left and going for a 2020 2nd+B prospect... a "bargain" would actually be a pretty good move for us. Still gives us a chance at shaking up the 2nd line. Leaves us with our A prospects and 1st pick. And we can still have fun dreaming about signing the big names when the free agent frenzy rolls around.
To be honest, I honestly thought about Silfverberg being a good fit on the Preds way before any of this deadline talk started. He always seemed to give us fits in the playoffs, played a two-way game, and could find the back of the net. Might be a key to unlocking offense bound up in Fiala and Turris... and the Ducks have cap issues so a minor leaguer/prospect and a pick could get him.

Reactions: FilthyScoresberg

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
I think it's possible Lavy isn't a big fan of Hartman. Before he was relegated to 4th line hell I didn't think he was playing that badly. In fact at the end of November he had 7G 4A 11pts in 24 games played. I think those numbers are about what is expected of him. Since December started he has 2G 5A. Zero goals since January. Something went sour there.

Reactions: Scoresberg

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I think it's possible Lavy isn't a big fan of Hartman. Before he was relegated to 4th line hell I didn't think he was playing that badly. In fact at the end of November he had 7G 4A 11pts in 24 games played. I think those numbers are about what is expected of him. Since December started he has 2G 5A. Zero goals since January. Something went sour there.
Chicago got a great return for him, but ordinarily you wouldn't expect them to have traded away a young, cheap, and reasonably productive player filling his role either. Makes me wonder if there is just something about his personality/comportment/off-ice behaviour etc that has rubbed the coaches wrong. I don't see any real issues on the ice - if anything I tend to wonder why they don't use him more or higher up in the lineup at times, even if just to shake things up from time to time. Off the ice it probably doesn't even need to be anything major, just enough for him to not really get any breaks as a younger guy from experienced coaches who are looking for more maturity or something? :dunno:

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
If poile is ready to give up a first for guys like goose or Hartman. Then why not just add a guy like tolvanen or fabbro and get someone like stone or panarin rather than a Hartman or goose?

Reactions: GeauxPreds1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad