GDT: NHL Trade Deadline - Feb 24 at 3 p.m. ET - TV (8 AM) NHLN, SN, TSN, ESPN+ (2 PM) ESPN2, NESN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

Trade Tracker

upload_2020-2-18_17-0-46.png

Last edited:

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

Interesting.

That is, given the goaltending "situation" they with three bonafide NHL guys and Henrik sitting. Is Berube someone they move on as part of another deal? Or perhaps they are moving Shesterkin and want insurance? At any rate, yes, it is interesting. Whatever it is, though, I hope it blows up in their faces :laugh:

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
The trade deadline looks a lot more lively than I thought it was going to be considering we are one year away from expansion with Seattle and a tighter Salary Cap than projected.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
If Kreider stays on the Rags there is a good chance they also pass the Leafs in the standings. So if Florida can take over 3rd spot the Leafs will be in hard to get a wild card spot.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
That is, given the goaltending "situation" they with three bonafide NHL guys and Henrik sitting. Is Berube someone they move on as part of another deal? Or perhaps they are moving Shesterkin and want insurance? At any rate, yes, it is interesting. Whatever it is, though, I hope it blows up in their faces :laugh:

If they move Shesterkin, Jeff Gorton should get fired by the Rangers on the spot. Shesterkin and Georgiev are a clear goalie tandem for the future for them and Lundqvist's $8.5 million cap hit is an albatross for a player that became a third wheel. If I were the Rangers GM, I would look to shop Lundqvist to a playoff team in the West in desperate need of a goalie to give them a boost like Edmonton, Vegas, Colorado or Arizona for pieces.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
If they move Shesterkin, Jeff Gorton should get fired by the Rangers on the spot. Shesterkin and Georgiev are a clear goalie tandem for the future for them and Lundqvist's $8.5 million cap hit is an albatross for a player that became a third wheel. If I were the Rangers GM, I would look to shop Lundqvist to a playoff team in the West in desperate need of a goalie to give them a boost like Edmonton, Vegas, Colorado or Arizona for pieces.

I think with how good Boston has done with Rask and Halak and Pitt with Fleury/Murray/Jarry, more teams will try to have a solid backup rather than a rotating door of journeymen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->