Post-Game Talk: NHL Trade Deadline - Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
I don’t have a link, this was word of mouth. DeBrusk wasn’t the only piece. What I was getting at was that the Bruins were not in a position to lose DeBrusk nor are they in the position that Tampa is in prospects wise.

Don’t waste your time here, logic isn’t going to work with this conversation

Reactions: GlenFeatherstone

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
So you really have no idea if Debrusk was involved and it was only speculation on your part?

It was said on air by someone reputable, McKenzie or Dreger or someone a few days ago. Was also tweeted around. I am sure if you're that bothered, you can scroll back through the 100+ pages of this thread and find it, but it's reliable. DeBrusk as a part of the deal, which also included roster player, picks, etc. A massive ask for McDonagh.

Thrive

Scoish Velociraptor Maloish
Jan 10, 2009
Massachusetts
So you really have no idea if Debrusk was involved and it was only speculation on your part?
No, it was not speculation by me. I have no agenda here and I didn’t just make this up in my head.

I guess if it doesn’t exist on the internet it isn’t true? If that’s the case then continuing this string will be futile.

Reactions: Chief Nine

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
No, it was not speculation by me. I have no agenda here and I didn’t just make this up in my head.

I guess if it doesn’t exist on the internet it isn’t true? If that’s the case then continuing this string will be futile.
I'm not saying you have an agenda. I just wanted to see where all they wanted was Ken Hodge Jr (Debrusk) for him. If that's the case Sweeney should be fired tonight.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
It was said on air by someone reputable, McKenzie or Dreger or someone a few days ago. Was also tweeted around. I am sure if you're that bothered, you can scroll back through the 100+ pages of this thread and find it, but it's reliable. DeBrusk as a part of the deal, which also included roster player, picks, etc. A massive ask for McDonagh.

Pfffftt McKenzie, Dreger, what do those guys know?

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Its in these threads.
Read.
I'm not saying it's not here somewhere. I just was hoping for a link where Sweeney said that they wanted Debrusk and that he was unwilling to do it because if that was the case he needs to be fired.

Thrive

Scoish Velociraptor Maloish
Jan 10, 2009
Massachusetts
So I just looked through TSN's site and I'm scrolling down... headline appears on my phone: Chiarelli: "it was a tough market out there"

Literally laughed out loud
It’s almost as if ChiaPet has used the same post trade deadline speech every year since 2012 and has the changeable parts all highlighted in Microsoft Word to customize it year to year!

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
I'm not saying you have an agenda. I just wanted to see where all they wanted was Ken Hodge Jr (Debrusk) for him. If that's the case Sweeney should be fired tonight.

Someone said ALL they wanted was DeBrusk? I don't think anyone here is saying that. An insider tweeted that DeBrusk was wanted by the rangers but that doesn't mean that's all they wanted. That's insane.

Again, a comparable to the Tampa deal is Donato, DeBrusk, Zboril and the picks

I'm very glad Sweeney didn't do that

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Someone said ALL they wanted was DeBrusk? I don't think anyone here is saying that. An insider tweeted that DeBrusk was wanted by the rangers but that doesn't mean that's all they wanted. That's insane.

I would have done that too. Keep in mind it wasn't only Mcdonough.

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
He wanted McD at his price. I really think Sweeney has something lined up for the left side in the offseason. Maybe a restricted free agent from Carolina perhaps ? In a trade of course.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
I would have done that too. Keep in mind it wasn't only Mcdonough.

Yea sure, JT Miller and all that. I still don't do it.

I think it's a deal that makes sense for Tampa but not Boston due to our respective prospect pools

I think the Bruins will still give Tampa fits as long as they don't crap themselves and let the mental game win against Toronto

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Agree to disagree about needing depth on defense but we gave up a third for him and got a better one in return for Vatrano

All in all I think this was the best deadline the Bruins have had since 2011, not that I think they'll win the cup...then again I didn't think they would then either

I completely forgot about Vatrano. That one was a very good move for both Bruins and Vatrano.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

We were discussing the B's comparable this afternoon in our group chat (Also known as Arya Stark has an HFL List too).

The consensus was:

DeBrusk/Heinen, Frederic, UV, and the picks

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
We were discussing the B's comparable this afternoon in our group chat (Also known as Arya Stark has an HFL List too).

The consensus was:

DeBrusk/Heinen, Frederic, UV, and the picks

I'd give a lot but that is too much.

McD is a very good player though .he will be outstanding again on a good team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad