News Article: NHL to make changes to COVID protocol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
NHL to implement changes to try to cut down on the players/teams and transmission of COVID.

Among the changes that will be implemented in tonights games:

The most noticeable to everyone watching will be the removal of all glass behind team benches. Clearly, the league is worried about air flow in that area, where contact is closest and lengthiest during games. The NHL isn’t waiting on that directive, asking it to be done in time for Thursday’s games.

NHL makes four changes to in-arena COVID protocols

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Better protocol:

Cancel the season until the players are vaccinated and cases go down (to ensure no evolved strains)

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I think we need to be more concerned about hospitalizations than we are about cases. Early on hospitalizations and deaths were the main metrics. Somewhere along the line the goalposts were moved about 50 yards.

Players and anyone they are coming in contact with should not be in close contact with high-risk individuals.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I KNEW IT!!!!

I KNEW you were part of Cancel Culture!!! :eviltongu

Yeah. I'm morally bankrupt. I don't want people getting sick and spreading the disease in the name of entertainment. It's why I watched none of the playoffs and probably will stop watching this season.

Only reason I gave this season a chance is because they handled it well in the playoffs. But now what's happening is what I said would happen.

kingsholygrail

Bonus Hockey Unlocked 43-27-11
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Not like this is a contact sport or anything and these guys are all sitting on the bench together for 60 minutes.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
It's clear that they're going to go forward with it until something tragic happens (and even then who knows), so at least they're trying to make improvements. I think it's all pretty dumb, but if there's one thing the human race is consistent at it's not being able to learn anything any way other than the hard way.

I can't wait to see the main board implode when the Flames or Leafs lose a game on a puck over the non existent glass behind the bench penalty though. That will be f***ing hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad