NHL to make announcement on Return to Play Plan at 4:30 p.m. ET NBCSN, SN, NHLN, TVAS

Pitaya

Prince of the Alps, Nico Hischier
Dec 14, 2019
You see what you want to see. It's clear you hate the Pens. So you create this hypothetical scenario, that in your head, means the Pens were given a "fancy handout"

When in reality, your takeaway from that scenario ignores the fact that the Pens were firmly in the top 16 with very little chance of missing the playoffs. That chance of missing the playoffs has just drastically increased.

So the trade-off is to give every non-playoff team a crack at the lottery. But all you see is a world where the Pens lose to the Habs and are then given fancy handouts. Never mind the fact that teams like the Habs and Hawks who had no shot at the cup this year, now have a shot at the cup they would not have otherwise had. (albeit a very small chance - similar to the chance of the Pens winning the lottery)

I bet next you're going to tell us how this whole pandemic is just a ruse orchestrated by the Pens and the NHL to hand another franchise player to Pittsburgh? :laugh:
Hate the Pens?

Yeah I hate the Pens so much i said i hope they win the lottery

You smart enough to even realize youd have had no lottery chance prior? Cause you arent a great reader

cowboy82nd

Feb 19, 2012
Newnan, Georgia
Thats fine, then no play-in games and seed playoffs by point %

Or I get it, you get to bend the rules to make it work in your favor but not me right?

Im praying Pittsburgh loses play-in and wins the 1st overall so everyone can feel my pain as a team not included in any of these fancy handouts

No fan is bending any rules. Everything is done through the league and the NHLPA.

Pitaya

Prince of the Alps, Nico Hischier
Dec 14, 2019
No fan is bending any rules. Everything is done through the league and the NHLPA.
This is being done because Montreal Chicago NYR make up the teams that needed special treatment

If the markets werent so large itd be a 20-team or just 16-team format

cowboy82nd

Feb 19, 2012
Newnan, Georgia
This is being done because Montreal Chicago NYR make up the teams that needed special treatment

You don’t know that for sure (unless you you have some inside information). This is what the league and the players agreed upon.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto

it'd be pretty ridiculous for the Rangers to miss the cut. they are right up there with all the other wildcard teams in the east.

a 22 team cut would have made more sense, with Pittsburgh and Edmonton getting byes.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
it'd be pretty ridiculous for the Rangers to miss the cut. they are right up there with all the other wildcard teams in the east.

a 22 team cut would have made more sense, with Pittsburgh and Edmonton getting byes.

Precisely my thought process.

Reactions: um

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Drai gets the art ross

Pasternak and Ovechkin share the Rocket Trophy, 48 goals each. Matthews missed out at 47 goals.

So another Rocket for Ovy.

Edit: just looked at games played. Though Ovy and Pasta both have 48 goals, Ovy did it in 2 less games, so I wonder if they'll award it to him solely since he did in 68 games whereas Pasta did it in 70.

Sep 19, 2008
upload_2020-5-26_16-37-43.png

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
You don’t know that for sure (unless you you have some inside information). This is what the league and the players agreed upon.

Yes, and they agreed upon it because having the largest markets qualify for the playoffs (or "playoffs") will lead to more revenue at a time its desperately needed. I don't think this is any sort of conspiracy, seems like common sense from all sides.

Reactions: cowboy82nd

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad