News Article: NHL ticket prices for all 30 teams...Leafs most expensive

KBA4life

Oct 22, 2003
Los Angeles
Visit site
Toronto is insane. I ***** about Kings ticket prices now, but it really could be a lot worse. The plethora of sports options in Southern California means we'll always have lower ticket prices compared to all of our igloo brethren way up to the north.

After the Nucks, Vancouver fans' sporting entertainment options are the Whitecaps and whoever their CFL team is. Kings have as many teams playing in their own arena as the entire city of Vancouver has total sports teams. Their prices should be higher, even for their vastly inferior product.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Man it's cheap to watch hockey in Florida, their are CHL teams that charge more....

Santeh

May 23, 2004
Number 30 (not a surprise) is Tampa Bay $77. a bargain given they are a very exciting team that could be a Cup contender.

+1. I am a life-long Kings fan, yet I have been in Tampa since 1997 and both enjoy and follow the Lightning. I do not have a chance to go to NHL games often, yet on my teaching salary I am thankful for the Lightning ticket prices when I can go (I will be at the Lightning versus Senators game this weekend and it cost my wife and I $36 total for our tickets :) ).

Santeh

May 23, 2004
Serious question, do the Panthers have more fans than the Lightning?

I cannot speak to this myself, yet I can say that the Lightning appear to be a very well liked and followed team in the Tampa Bay area. From what I have heard, it is the only local professional sports team that draws very good, consistent attendance. I personally know quite a few people that either follow the Lightning and/or attend games regularly. Yet, for what it is worth, hockey as a sport has grown very well over the last 10-15 years in Tampa/St. Pete and many either play or have family members that do.

Calirose

Mar 31, 2012
6ix
Serious question, do the Panthers have more fans than the Lightning?

No. But the reason their tickets are more expensive is 1) SPTF has many more seats so the average price is skewed downward (supply ^). 2) The FP's have special and very expensive areas, which I presume they included in this calculation, that offer first class service + accommodation and are largely used as meeting places that happen to have live hockey in the background.

Mike Carr

Jul 19, 2012
sorry - this will sound silly but to explain I live in New Zealand - are those costs per game I.E a Kings ticket will cost USD137.00 (Is this a good seat or nose bleed seat) -

Captain Mittens*

sorry - this will sound silly but to explain I live in New Zealand - are those costs per game I.E a Kings ticket will cost USD137.00 (Is this a good seat or nose bleed seat) -

Good seat

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA

Good seat

Actually it is the average price for a resale seat. But in staples that would be a seat in the low 200's on the end or high 100's. Which aren't bad seats at all.

Mike Carr

Jul 19, 2012
thanks for that
expensive compared to what you would pay in NZ for a top sporting game - when I come over and watch I won't be buying tickets for the wife and kids !

Santeh

May 23, 2004
As a follow-up, the attendance at the Amalie Arena for the Lightning-Senators game was listed as 19,204 (please see: http://www.nhl.com/ice/gamestats.htm?fetchKey=20152ALLSATAll&viewName=summary&sort=attendance&pg=1) which is full capacity. From what I saw at the game I believe the nhl.com stat as the arena looked to be filled the entire game, including both when the Lightning were loosing in the third period and all the way through the shootout. I must say that I was very pleased to see the fans stay and, even more, be upset at the Lightning for both loosing the lead but also for looking lazy during the third. The crowd, then, was into the game and knowledgeable about what was going on. And, for what it is worth, the crowd looked to be made up of mainly Lightning fans with only some wearing Ottawa jerseys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad