NHL team unveiling special jersey (UPD: Canes to Wear Whalers Throwbacks on 12/23/18)

RoyalDoubleMcCheesie

Aug 31, 2008
Senators. Melnyk found them on a clearance rack.

81Yb8cJ7TML._SY355_.jpg

Come on now we all know Melnyk shops at Value Village or Goodwill when they have their 50% off sale.
Clearance rack is still to rich for his blood.

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
I hope it's a new design 3rd jersey. none of this rehash the same old crap. it's only worn a few times go crazy

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
I don't think it's Tampa. We just had a fan event, I don't see why they'd hold off just to unveil it the Wednesday after

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
The Ottawa Senators are announcing they've inked a deal with a local Junior High school to purchase all of their red pinnies. In an unprecedented move team owner Eugene Melnyk says "Expected washing costs not even quarter of what they were last year. Very excited." The Senators are expecting to wear their new duds for both home and away games. Matt Duchene is expected to model the new acquisitions tomorrow in a team twitter release. When asked for comment the school's vice Principal remarked the pinnies were "a little raggedy" and most "were too small anyways". The team says the fans can hope to purchase the new official jersey on opening night.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rebels57

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Islanders, Kings, Lightning, Maple Leafs, Penguins.

The Leafs ain't got much to work with that would fall into the knock your socks off category, I wish the Pens would bring back the mid 90s logo, and that would qualify, but Mario hates it, so doubt it. Lightning? Their current jerseys are easily the best they've ever had. What are they going to do, bring back the Microsoft WordArt logo? Unless they bring out the '96 alts, and well, that would certainly be an interesting decision. It would be noticed, for sure. Isles? Fisherman, clearly. Or maybe the "look at my dick" jersey is coming back? But seriously folks, theirs was leaked and it's pretty crappy, and not in an interesting way.

So that leaves us with the Kings. Purple or gold as a full time third would be awesome. A modernized purple set could certainly qualify as a dramatic move, and I could see them being quite popular.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
what teams do and dont have a 3rd so far?

Vancouver will bring in the skate for their 50th season. for now they won't have a 3rd in 2019. actually they will have 4 jerseys next season, no joke, home road, skate jersey and a "historical" jersey.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
I'm excited no matter who it is, hopefully Carolina brings back the Stinky Whale, the most under rated jersey there is.

As a Bruins fan hopefully it is their 80s jerseys with the bear tiger on the sleeve.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Isles bring back the Fisherman?

Vegas is still topping the market with home and away sweater sales. I don't think they have a business need for a 3rd yet.
That may be reason to do it. The Leafs are always popular for big events or special events simply because they move product. A significant reason why big market teams usually get big events like Winter Classics is due to the fact that the game is just as much about selling as much merchandise as possible as it is about selling a large stadium at high-cost. Leafs over the last 2 years have had 4 jerseys each year, in 2016-17 they had Home/Away, plus Winter Classic and St. Pats, and in 2017/18 where teams were only supposed to have 2 jerseys (home and away), they gave us the 100 year anniversary game which had the Arenas jersey, and as a visitor in a Stadium series game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->