Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
1. Tampa 85%
2. Colorado 74%
3. Vegas 46.7%
4. NYI 38.8%
5. Florida 39%
6. Carolina 43%
7. Boston 44%

*This is going to into this season, not from what teams did 5/10/15 years ago. I would think thats self explanatory (seeing as how we have done this for every season on this board), otherwise it would have said NHL ALL-TIME Team Rankings.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
It's between Washington, Toronto and Pittsburgh for me. All three have been strong regular season teams, but all three have disappointed the past handful of seasons in the playoffs.

So I went with Washington because I think they'll have the better regular season record among the three since all three have a lot to prove come playoff time.

Reactions: Regal

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Went with Washington over Pittsburgh, Edmonton, or Toronto. I'd be fine with any of them. Maybe add Winnipeg to that group.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
It's between Washington, Toronto and Pittsburgh for me. All three have been strong regular season teams, but all three have disappointed the past handful of seasons in the playoffs.

So I went with Washington because I think they'll have the better regular season record among the three since all three have a lot to prove come playoff time.

That was my thinking as well. Ended up going Pittsburgh because I think they probably have the highest ceiling though.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
That was my thinking as well. Ended up going Pittsburgh because I think they probably have the highest ceiling though.

Malkin missing the first part of the season makes me cautious about the Pens. If he was fully healthy (or whatever constitutes healthy for Malkin at this point), I probably would have picked them. But the Pens 1-2 punch for probably the first month or so of the season will be Crosby/Carter, and as awesome as Carter was down the stretch and in the playoffs, I'm not anticipating him playing at a 40 goal pace.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Malkin missing the first part of the season makes me cautious about the Pens. If he was fully healthy (or whatever constitutes healthy for Malkin at this point), I probably would have picked them. But the Pens 1-2 punch for probably the first month or so of the season will be Crosby/Carter, and as awesome as Carter was down the stretch and in the playoffs, I'm not anticipating him playing at a 40 goal pace.

Oh right, I totally forgot about Malkin. I was actually going to add that despite their ceiling they'll almost certainly have injuries like always. I need to get back up on my injury reports before fantasy.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Toronto..... present day Caps.

Playoff chokers until one day it works....

Since 2007-08

1st round
2nd round
1st round
2nd round
2nd round
1st round
Did not qualify
2nd round
2nd round
2nd round
Cup

Leafs since 2016-17

1st round
1st round
1st round
Did not qualify
1st round

They're off to a much worst start but things could change. But the Caps were (and still are?) a great team/contender for over a decade... With their current contractual situation and depth, will they be able to have such a long window?

Reilly UFA in 1 year
Matthews, Nylander, Brodie, Muzzin UFAs in 3 years
Tavares, Marner UFAs in 4 years

Note : crazy that the Caps never made it past the 2nd round before their Cup win

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Well on paper the two best looking rosters are Toronto and Washington. But are we supposed to factor in how the leafs are a bunch of choke artists and cursed to lose in game 7 of the first round every year? If we are supposed to consider that then I’ll go with Washington.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad