League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) Vol. 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
hows he playing?

I can only catch a little here and there on nhl network through my phone while at work, so couldnt take a long look. But hes actually looked good from what little I've seen.

Dont remember any defensive mistakes. Actually handling and bringing the puck up himself.

Didnt see any giveaways, which we all killed him for during the Canes series last year, throwing up random no look passes up the center of the ice or along the boards.

Last edited:

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Are the Sharks this bad or are the Knights this good? If it's the latter, look out western conference.

The only two games I've watched some beyond the capitals (just due to be late games) but imho I chart it up to the sharks not looking very good.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Are the Sharks this bad or are the Knights this good? If it's the latter, look out western conference.
Pavelski and Karlsson are better players, but this year they’re kind of like if the Caps had gone with Shattenkirk over Oshie, in that you’ve got a guy who delivers in the playoffs consistently, that’s an obvious leader, then you’ve got an offensive defenseman where everything points to they’ve already played their best years

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Btw, the last nail in the Pens coffin will be Ovi becoming #5 player of all time (which is imminent ofc). That will be very sour for them (and theyre in denial so far).

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Boy has Hughes had a rough introduction to the NHL. This is the bottom of the 5 on 5 CF% in the NHL.

Screen Shot 2019-10-06 at 6.46.34 PM.png

As a comparison the Caps "worst" possession player is Hagelin at 49.05. He is the only Capital under 50%.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Carolina knocked the crap out of TB. 4-3 OT win for CAR but they outshot TB 43-13. Score effects make this look a bit better for TB but not much. It also makes last night's game look a little better from WSH's perspective, but also Carolina is a legit contender IMO.

CAR and WSH appear to be the class of the Metro unless Pittsburgh pulls one of their patented midseason coach firing -> Stanley Cup runs again.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Carolina knocked the crap out of TB. 4-3 OT win for CAR but they outshot TB 43-13. Score effects make this look a bit better for TB but not much. It also makes last night's game look a little better from WSH's perspective, but also Carolina is a legit contender IMO.

CAR and WSH appear to be the class of the Metro unless Pittsburgh pulls one of their patented midseason coach firing -> Stanley Cup runs again.
I mean, maybe. They gave up 3 in the first and Tampa fell asleep. Carolina is definitely fast and tenacious, but they always have high shot counts because the choose quantity over quality.

Reactions: Lobodomy

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Look the Canes are good, I like a lot of their players, their defense may be the best in the NHL, but win a game in regulation and I will jump on a hype train.

Sabres won ten in a row last season and three of them were in regulation. OT "wins" really skew a teams record.

I also love that the first tie breaker this year is actual wins in 60 minutes of hockey and no more of this "ROW" garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad