Ramstein Germany
Reactions: Calicaps

shtorm2005

Aug 9, 2015
Montreal, Canada

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
McLellan has obviously been great at finding and maximizing trade and FA opportunities, but sometimes I think his most important talent is knowing when to cut bait and being cutthroat enough to do it. Alzner, Burt, Bowey, even Niskanen...

DSP heavily in that catagory

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
McLellan has obviously been great at finding and maximizing trade and FA opportunities, but sometimes I think his most important talent is knowing when to cut bait and being cutthroat enough to do it. Alzner, Burt, Bowey, even Niskanen...

FYI Bowey had a three point night including the game winner. Maybe he can finally turn that corner. Not arguing your point though...

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I was hoping Walker and Barber would stick but doesn't look like they're getting their shot just yet.

They are both 25 years old (oddly they have the exact same birthday 2/7/94), they are career minor leaguer's or playing Europe at this point.

I knew Walker wouldn't make it full time, I thought Barber had a chance.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
They are both 25 years old (oddly they have the exact same birthday 2/7/94), they are career minor leaguer's or playing Europe at this point.

I knew Walker wouldn't make it full time, I thought Barber had a chance.
All reports had Walker playing fairly well and they had him playing Center. I think that was more of a situation where he wanted the term (2 year deal) and maybe St. Louis offered the most money. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get some call ups if there are injuries. Seems like an ideal guy Chief would like.

Barber's signing was a little more of a mystery to me. Montreal had a good amount of depth at RW. I thought he would have chosen a spot that there wasn't a ton of competition for playing time.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
St. Louis has a million forwards with a lot of homegrown talent right on the cusp of the NHL. Their depth at wing is especially notable, which is likely why Walker was lining up at center. I don't see Walker being able to jump the likes of Kostin, Sanford, Fabbri, Blais, Sundqvist, or Nolan at wing or Robert Thomas at center.

Montreal also has a fair bit of NHL-fringe guys, so it's not surprising to see Barber lost in that shuffle as well.

Neither of them are simply able to distinguish themselves compared to other fringe NHLers.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
If there was a team in the league that had a stronger right side on their defense than Carolina, it was St. Louis. Rich get richer, it seems.

Reactions: Corby78

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
I Find it hard to believe St.Louis will let their captain of there first ever cup leave so easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad