League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) - COVID Season Edition - Vol. 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
First Forsberg now Suzuki, yikes. I know Patches has had a much better run of things for Vegas than Erat had here but still, what a bad trade that's turned out to be. George traded a 1, 2, and 3 for Tomas Tatar who bombed and then a few months later traded Tatar, Suzuki, and a 2 for Patches... so he got Patches for one 1, two 2s, one 3, and Suzuki. Awful.

Imagine Vegas with Suzuki? Lights out.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
First Forsberg now Suzuki, yikes. I know Patches has had a much better run of things for Vegas than Erat had here but still, what a bad trade that's turned out to be. George traded a 1, 2, and 3 for Tomas Tatar who bombed and then a few months later traded Tatar, Suzuki, and a 2 for Patches... so he got Patches for one 1, two 2s, one 3, and Suzuki. Awful.

Imagine Vegas with Suzuki? Lights out.
Pacioretty was more than a point/game player for Vegas this year, and led the team in goals scoring at a 40 goal pace over an 82 game season. I’m definitely not calling that trade a loss for Vegas. The Tatar trade is bad, but the Patches trade is fine.

Since arriving in Vegas, Patches is basically a 35G/70P player who is a possession monster that drives play on his line. Those kind of wingers cost assets. What they paid for him is easily justifiable.

Last edited:

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Pacioretty was more than a point/game player for Vegas this year, and led the team in goals scoring at a 40 goal pace over an 82 game season. I’m definitely not calling that trade a loss for Vegas. The Tatar trade is bad, but the Patches trade is fine.

Since arriving in Vegas, Patches is basically a 35G/70P player who is a possession monster that drives play on his line. Those kind of wingers cost assets. What they paid for him is easily justifiable.
Would you rather have Patches or Suzuki?

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
If I’m contending now, Pacioretty. Easily.
Hmm, ok. I don’t really agree but to each their own. I’d rather have a 1C entering his age 22 season than a winger entering their age 33 season unless that winger is a special player like a Kucherov or Kane. Patches is solid but he’s not a difference maker to me.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
There's also a cap component to Max vs. Suzuki. I'd rather spend $5M on a more generic six LW like Perron and have Suzuki than Pacioretty. They can't have imagined Suzuki would be this good this soon, though. It made sense at the time and still does to some extent but it was a heavy price. It would look better if fellow '17 first rounder Cody Glass was a regular contributor for them. His numbers are decent so far but they likely moved the wrong center between the two and that's rough given that it's been their main weakness.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Hmm, ok. I don’t really agree but to each their own. I’d rather have a 1C entering his age 22 season than a winger entering their age 33 season unless that winger is a special player like a Kucherov or Kane. Patches is solid but he’s not a difference maker to me.
Calling Suzuki a 22 year old 1C is being generous. If Suzuki was the Capitals’ best center right now, people would be clamoring to add another center to remain competitive while Ovechkin is active.
I also think you’re underselling Pacioretty. He’s definitely not Kucherov or Kane, but he was top 10 in the entire NHL in points/60. He’s an all-star caliber winger, and his line with Stone has been among the very best in the NHL despite lacking a top flight center.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad