League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) - COVID Season Edition - Vol. 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jun 15, 2007
I'm on Team Anyone But Lightning now. Don't want a repeat and I think it's stupid that they're icing a team with a 99 million cap hit just because they got "lucky" with the timing of Kucherov's injury.

I'll even accept a Boston or Isles victory over a Lightning victory.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
So with the Leafs out last night, they've now revamped the playoff picture for round 3. The winner of the TB/Carolina will play winner of NYI/Bost and the winner of Winnipeg/Mtl will play the winner of Colorado/Vegas. We could possibly be looking at a SCF series of Colorado vs. TB.

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
Who I want to see win the cup this year in order of preference:

1) Avs - Gruby and Burky going to get busted with strippers
2) Jets - The least pretentious of the Canadian teams
3) Habs - Cool story, Price steals the cup
4) Bolts - The bubble boys don't have the rat on their team
5) Brewins - they do...gross...shove spoons in my eyes
6) Canes - If coach Rod wasn't such a dbag, they would be higher
7) Nights - I'd rather drink pee for a month
8) Aisles - This board would be unreadable for at least a year. HF account terminated.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org

8) Aisles - This board would be unreadable for at least a year. HF account terminated.

This exactly, with one addition: 2) Jets - The least pretentious of the Canadian teams.

As soon as Bettman arrives to hand them the Cup, they all take off their Jets jerseys and yell "FU, we're actually from Atlanta, bitches!". All of Canada melts down during the moment when they should be swelling with nationalist pride.

Reactions: StrikingDistance

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
I don't care about the Knights. Not sure why Caps fans seem to hate them so much. They were nice and compliant when it mattered in 18.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
I want the Isles to win just so some of us can say "TOLD YOU SO!" regarding Trotz :p

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia

Lmfao. Thanks for the laugh, I like Carolina but I agree about coach Rod. Remember him after Ovie dropped Svechnikov, smh “just a kid”

Last edited:

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
I don't care about the Knights. Not sure why Caps fans seem to hate them so much. They were nice and compliant when it mattered in 18.

1) McPee
2) Gifted a good team day one
3) Reaves
4) Let them wander through the desert for a few more years and suffer before finding the oasis.
5) Las Vegas aka Lost Wages is gross (although Red Rocks Canyon has good hikes)
6) Oh, I hate the pre-game enterlament. Just drop the f'n puck already.

Why am I so angry today? Ah sobriety.

200w.gif

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
1) McPee
2) Gifted a good team day one
3) Reaves
4) Let them wander through the desert for a few more years and suffer before finding the oasis.
5) Las Vegas aka Lost Wages is gross (although Red Rocks Canyon has good hikes)
6) Oh, I hate the pre-game enterlament. Just drop the f'n puck already.

Why am I so angry today? Ah sobriety.

200w.gif
7) They took Schmidt when we wanted them to take Grubauer
8) FN Gold helmets, Really!

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
All in all I don't hate the Islanders. I like that they were able to move onwards and upwards after they lost JT -- they didn't feel sorry for themselves and burn it down and try to rebuild again and I give them credit for that. And they provide a lot of entertainment value with their undying hatred of Tommy Tommy Wilson. That said, I will root for them to lose strictly because this place is awful and unreadable when debating Trotz and I'd have to delete my account if he won a Cup with the Islanders.

The team I can't stand the most is the Hurricanes. Really has nothing to do with the players on the team or their fans but before we moved to DC 25+ years ago we lived outside of Hartford and my family had season tickets to the Whalers. The Whalers were my first love and the only pro sports team in Connecticut -- though you would think that UConn Hoops was a pro entity given their legion of diehard fans and the media coverage they got -- and I will forever hate Peter Karmanos (former owner) for moving the team. I mean, what kind of total asshole gets sued by his own sons? I also feel irrational rage when I see them wearing the Whalers jerseys and I wish them nothing but failure and misery for as long as they exist.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
All in all I don't hate the Islanders. I like that they were able to move onwards and upwards after they lost JT -- they didn't feel sorry for themselves and burn it down and try to rebuild again and I give them credit for that. And they provide a lot of entertainment value with their undying hatred of Tommy Tommy Wilson. That said, I will root for them to lose strictly because this place is awful and unreadable when debating Trotz and I'd have to delete my account if he won a Cup with the Islanders.

The team I can't stand the most is the Hurricanes. Really has nothing to do with the players on the team or their fans but before we moved to DC 25+ years ago we lived outside of Hartford and my family had season tickets to the Whalers. The Whalers were my first love and the only pro sports team in Connecticut -- though you would think that UConn Hoops was a pro entity given their legion of diehard fans and the media coverage they got -- and I will forever hate Peter Karmanos (former owner) for moving the team. I mean, what kind of total asshole gets sued by his own sons? I also feel irrational rage when I see them wearing the Whalers jerseys and I wish them nothing but failure and misery for as long as they exist.

The Jack Edwards rant is especially good when complaining about Dougie Hamilton who wears #19 and had the audacity to wear the Whalers #19 which had been retired as it had been worn by Johnny "Pie" McKenzie who had played for the Bruins in the early 70s before going over to the WHA and the Whalers.

The Carolina Hurricanes tried to embrace past with 'Whalers Night' but angered many in the process

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Jun 15, 2007
I still refuse to accept that McPhee was gifted a good team from day one. You will see when Seattle has the same rules and sucks. Credit where credit is due, McPhee absolutely robbed several teams at the ED.

Reactions: romao

Ridley Simon

Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Habs for sure. What’s one more?

Jets as well. Canada could use the good vibes as long as it’s not Toronto.

Avalanche are a good team. Don’t dislike anyone save Kadri. They can win.

Bruins are fine. I have a lot of family in New England.

But that’s all she wrote. anyone else and I storm the castle

Nice

Jan 26, 2016
Can't get on board with the Knights winning a cup within their first 5 years of existence. Give it 20 or so more years. Marchessault and Reaves will also be retired in that time so that's a bonus. Jets vs Avs

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
I'll admit it. I actually feel for the Leafs mainly because they have some hard core fans who aren't elitist thinking and claim to be hockey gurus. They love their team and have been waiting for the next level for a while. Some of those fans were young and remember those playoff games in the 90s and early 2000s much like we experienced in the the past 3 decades prior to getting a SC. Other Leaf fans remember the last cup victory and watched other original teams have SC success while previous ownership mishandled their franchise. The franchise was gifted a chance with the North division and failed to deliver. I don't ever want any of those elitist Leaf fans lecturing on the Caps being chokers with our talent after watching that debacle. The hatred between Toronto and Montreal fanbases just grew to an epic level which is great for ratings I guess. With all that said, this is what playoff hockey is all about. Forgetting the bullshit regular season and being focused on a team game while buying into the system. Thank you 2018!

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Can't get on board with the Knights winning a cup within their first 5 years of existence. Give it 20 or so more years. Marchessault and Reaves will also be retired in that time so that's a bonus. Jets vs Avs

Same here. It's not just about McPhee with me, it's how they haven't suffered like other fan bases. Seattle won't have the early success as Vegas either. At least with Jets/Avs there are some fans that followed their teams with their starting city Atlanta and Quebec City. Then there are the Jets fans like myself who watched a team go to Arizona over bullshit. I'm surprised Arizona has lasted as long as it has. I'll never root for Vegas unless they happen to play a traditional Caps rival in the next few years. Even then, I may just not watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->