League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) - COVID Season Edition - Vol. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Ugh, if we had traded for Jeff Carter he would end up as another Kovalchuk pickup. Pens can get washed up players and rejects and they produce. Good for Jeff Carter though.

Reactions: bur and 666 others

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
I remember the majority of the board wanting to play the Islanders last year too, that didn’t end well. I agree that the Islanders look much weaker this year but let’s just worry about playing well and not who we play against.

We were kind of crap before COVID last year and then the break didn't help. People still needed to train etc plus there was the question of playoffs. We have to play these teams to move on so might as well get it out of the way early. I much rather play Boston. Personally, I'm tired of the Caps playing NY based teams. An Isles/Caps series is going to be all about Martin/Clutterbuck vs Wilson and of course NBCS will be pro Islanders.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
For those saying we need to win out or get 5 of the 6 pts... nope

We are guaranteed 1st place if we win 2 of 3 in Reg.
That puts at 77 pts. with 30 RW's

PIT can max at 77 29RW
BOS can max at 77 28RW
RW's are 1st tiebreaker

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

TRASHCAT

Sep 23, 2009
Boulder, CO
For those saying we need to win out or get 5 of the 6 pts... nope

We are guaranteed 1st place if we win 2 of 3 in Reg.
That puts at 77 pts. with 30 RW's

PIT can max at 77 29RW
BOS can max at 77 28RW
RW's are 1st tiebreaker
Its not head to head? Thats dumb.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Carter does it again. Good grief if Carter keeps this up this will give Guentzel even more open chances.

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
Ugh, if we had traded for Jeff Carter he would end up as another Kovalchuk pickup. Pens can get washed up players and rejects and they produce. Good for Jeff Carter though.
That's so true. I don;t recall any big names or aging star who worked for us (maybe Fedorov?), while for them it's always hit. They are rolling which is always bad for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad