League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) - COVID Season Edition - Vol. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
Bennett being an idiot probably cost them. You don’t want Tampa on the powerplay boys...

Yep. 3 of their goals were PP.
I thought the number of hits was high but it's actually lower than the other playoff games. Maybe they don't know how to count in Florida

upload_2021-5-17_12-57-9.png

Reactions: Calicaps

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
Wow that FLA/TBL was a Barn.Burner, most entertaining game I've seen in a long time, If anyone missed it, watch a replay if you can; non-stop action and chances.
Bennet should've got 5+game for that board/charge in the 3rd -- full speed run at dood
74 seconds away from all 4 going to OT (and the first 3 already set the record for consecutive OT's to start a playoff year)

And the crowd noise, awesome! First time it really felt like a loud crowd since pre-pandemic; 9K in FLA got their money's worth (hopefully safely)

Great 1st 2 days of Playoff Hockey!

Reactions: AussieCapsFan

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Need to avoid taking penalties if you want to beat Tampa. I don't think they are nothing special 5-on-5 especially with rusty Kucherov but if you take penalties they can beat you on the PP. That PP unit moves the puck so well and has weapons on both sides. Still i think the Caps showed you how to shut them down 5-on-5 back in 2018. They are slightly better personnel wise now but they still employ that same system and still have Cooper in charge who isn't exactly great at adapting to different situations.

If the Panthers stay out of the box they can beat them.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Yeah it's total bullshit. They need to change the rules to prevent this kind of crap

Beer leagues have rules to prevent this sort of thing, why can't the NHL? Suggestion:

If a player is on LTIR, he must be activated before the trade deadline to be eligible for the playoffs, unless the team can fit his cap hit after the deadline but before the playoffs. So a scrub or aging vet (Lundy) who makes $1M and fits under the Cap could rejoin for the playoffs without playing in the RS, but if a player would not have fit in the RS and misses the whole season he cannot rejoin in the playoffs. Call it the Kucherov Clause.

In the Caps case they would not have been able to fit anyone like Lundy or Kempny because they ran right up to the cap. Kucherov would have had to play (or fit under the cap) prior to the deadline to qualify for the playoffs. But in some cases, a team could save the cap space to fit the player in post deadline and have him only in the playoffs. Easy peasy.

Roric

Aug 2, 2020
Can someone explain what happened with kucherov/stamkos and the cap that has everyone so heated, I'm behind on my hockey news

edit: ok i get the gist from poster above

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
The Blackhawks did the same thing with Patrick Kane a few years back. Can’t remember if it was one of their cup years but it helped them tremendously to acquire guys at the TDL.

Kucherov being out helped Tampa navigate their tight salary cap this offseason.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad