League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) - COVID Season Edition - Vol. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peeri

Jan 13, 2016
Western Finland
Oh please. I just stumbled on the Minnesota Wild intermission crew saying that Kapizov is a better player than Ovechkin. OMG...
Today, absolutely he is, Kirill is the next Russian superstar, no doubts. But obviously his career will be nothing like Ovechkins, he is one of a kind.

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
Kaprizov is nuts, it feels like he's supercharging his whole team the way young Ovechkin did. As great as Panarin is it never felt like the rest of his team(s) upped their swag factor because of him

Ovechkin vs Kaprizov will be a sick storyline in the finals

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania

The radio broadcast was laughing all day at the 6-0 clobbering the other day and at the same time feeling a bit sorry. This had to happen

I’m honestly surprised it took them this long. Thought it would have been directly after the 6-0 loss. I know Ralph was highly regarded by a lot of players when he was hired, so maybe he had a bit of a longer leash. There’s too much talent on that team for them to be as bad as they are. Main problem is they spent all that money in the offseason but didn’t address their mediocre at best goaltending tandem

Reactions: IafrateOvie34

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I dont see Hall really flourishing under Barry IMO
They're not anywhere near as good without Lee so if they still want to compete for the Cup they have to do something, and I'm not sure how many top-line LWs are going to be available, especially on expiring contracts and that don't have to go through quarantine if traded.

Reactions: Calicaps

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
so sad for them... NOT
Eh, I never like to see injuries. Even though they're the best in the world at what they do and compensated handsomely for it these guys are still real people with personalities and emotions and goals and families. I've also had a few pretty bad injuries including one that ended a career in one of my sports and I know how draining the rehab process can be so yeah, even though it's bad news for one of our competitors which is good for us I still don't like to see it.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
They're not anywhere near as good without Lee so if they still want to compete for the Cup they have to do something, and I'm not sure how many top-line LWs are going to be available, especially on expiring contracts and that don't have to go through quarantine if traded.
I don’t disagree. Hall clearly is the best rental option out there. I just can’t see him playing well under Barry. At this point if I’m Hall I’m asking to be traded to literally anywhere else, especially if they continue to be hot garbage under their interim or new HC

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
How is it possible that the Flyer's goaltending is a long running problem? Almost every year for what, 20 years now?? With the occasional good season and then a disaster again.

It's a problem they have and I hope continue to have. I have hated the Flyers so much over the years, but after 2008 playoffs I just don't care what happens to that franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->