League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) - COVID Season Edition - Vol. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
A couple of hot seat games tonight. If the Flyers lose to the Rangers, a coaching change might be coming. Boston is getting uncomfortable. They got a win last time out but there is gonna be a pucker factor up there too if they lose to Pittsburgh tonight

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Just watched the OT in the Flyers - Rangers games. 3 on 3 is the single worst idea in hockey ever. I'd seriously rather watch the shootout with the 1990s digital trail puck over that shit.

It was great til the coaches got a hold of it. Put the 4th guy back out there. On another subject, the collar has got to be getting a little tight on Cassidy in Boston. They are slipping

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Jun 15, 2007
Edmonton down 1 against the flames and they pull the goalie. Chiasson is on the ice for the Oilers. How can Chiasson be one of the players you rely to score a goal with the game on the line? Sheesh.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Aw he died? That's terrible. I couldn't tell from the video whether the puck got under his helmet or not.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I did not watch the video on purpose but what is a kid doing Wearing no face mask

He got hit around the ear. Broke his temperol bone and damaged his coradit artery. It could have been impact with the helmet that caused the damage. Full face coverage wouldnt have had effect

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Oh please. I just stumbled on the Minnesota Wild intermission crew saying that Kapizov is a better player than Ovechkin. OMG...

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Why do hockey commentators insist on repeatedly saying a guy “makes no mistake” when he scores a goal. Like if you’re really good at hockey, you score at most 15% of the time. So why, on a nightly basis is this trope employed to suggest that a guy would have to be a f***ing moron not to have scored a goal - when in fact scoring a goal is really hard.

I mean it’s not like the guy is trying to put salt on his chicken or something not very challenging. Marcel made no mistake getting that sodium on to his poultry. Cuz like it would be hard not to do that correctly. But scoring a goal in an NHL game - different

Thus endeth the rant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad