League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) - COVID Season Edition - Vol. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Is it just me or did Vrana get benched v Dallas? Only Panik and Svechnikov played less among forwards than he did.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
The Taylor Hall Bruins might miss the playoffs yet.

Nah. They have 4 games against Devils and Buffalo. 2 games in hand over Rangers. Even if Rangers win all 7 remaining games for 70 points, Bruins only need 11 of 18 points for 71.
Obviously it's possible but the odds are way way against them. Moneypuck gives Rangers 3.7% chance.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Nah. They have 4 games against Devils and Buffalo. 2 games in hand over Rangers. Even if Rangers win all 7 remaining games for 70 points, Bruins only need 11 of 18 points for 71.
Obviously it's possible but the odds are way way against them. Moneypuck gives Rangers 3.7% chance.
But it would be damned hilarious.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Wasn't the team salary cap hinging on the next TV deal for the NHL?

Bettman and the league said the salary cap won't be latched back onto NHL revenue for at least a few more years now - which means a flat cap for the next few years. The owners are trying to claw their money back that they sank this year with depressed revenue while paying full salaries. So they will get at least the first 2 years of these new TV deals to make them fat, rich, and happy again.

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
Bettman and the league said the salary cap won't be latched back onto NHL revenue for at least a few more years now - which means a flat cap for the next few years. The owners are trying to claw their money back that they sank this year with depressed revenue while paying full salaries. So they will get at least the first 2 years of these new TV deals to make them fat, rich, and happy again.

Salary cap is not going to be strictly linked to revenue because of players and escrow. Players have no interest in shelling out 50-60% in escrow. That's not temporary either. That's money that they will never see again, considering revenue projections.

I think the league would be just giddy to continue playing under a strict revenue split controlled by escrow.

Reactions: tenken00

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Salary cap is not going to be strictly linked to revenue because of players and escrow. Players have no interest in shelling out 50-60% in escrow. That's not temporary either. That's money that they will never see again, considering revenue projections.

I think the league would be just giddy to continue playing under a strict revenue split controlled by escrow.

It's likely both. The escrow situation has been building up for a while now. But the reason why they would shell out 50-60% is because revenue has fallen off which meant that owners had to subsidize out of their own pockets to hold up the cap.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
You're kidding right? They're all gonna move over to ABC.

Many of the current NBC hockey staff are signed to local comcast owned outlets. Keith Jones as an example. Liam and Tirico are signed with the NBC for other duty than just hockey.

On first look, you can expect an ESPN personality to be a studio host. I expect to see AJ Mleczko and Anson Carter to be part of their studio bunch. Look for Jackie Redmond on TNT. If Kathryn Tappyn has a contract expiring with the hockey contract, you might see her jump.

I would be interested to know what Kenny Albert's contracts look like and John Forslund for games out west. Beware of Ray Ferraro. Dont be shocked if we dont see Jack Edwards. Also look for Kendall Coyne Schofield too

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
AJ Mleczko has no business commentating either. Have no idea how she does in the studio but definitely wasn't a good experience listening to her trying to sound like color analyst. I'm okay with Forslund, Pierre and Albert moving over to ESPN but the rest is boring trash.

Jun 15, 2007
AJ Mleczko has no business commentating either. Have no idea how she does in the studio but definitely wasn't a good experience listening to her trying to sound like color analyst. I'm okay with Forslund, Pierre and Albert moving over to ESPN but the rest is boring trash.

Saying you're okay with Pierre Mcguire might be your hottest take yet.

Reactions: kicksavedave
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->