League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) - COVID Season Edition - Vol. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
Vancouver situation looking really bad. Some media reports from "those in the know" suggest every single player and all coaching staff have COVID. Some players may end up in hospital. Seems this is a "Brazilian variant" and it's really hitting them hard.

Hopefully they will all recover. There is talk that they will find it very difficult to ice a competitive team after this (I mean, we all know they weren't all that competitive before this but you know what I'm saying).

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Just because media and some fans wanted it doesn't mean it doesn't suck or was actually not a bad idea. I know you like to rage against ties but the shootout and now 3-on-3 OT (which IMO is the worst) are awful. That's it. Not offering an alternative. Just stating an opinion.

Reactions: Ridley Simon

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Vancouver situation looking really bad. Some media reports from "those in the know" suggest every single player and all coaching staff have COVID. Some players may end up in hospital. Seems this is a "Brazilian variant" and it's really hitting them hard.

Hopefully they will all recover. There is talk that they will find it very difficult to ice a competitive team after this (I mean, we all know they weren't all that competitive before this but you know what I'm saying).
That's terrible. Hopefully no long term harm will be done to anyone. This has all been so irresponsible.

Reactions: AussieCapsFan

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Yeah possibly on the standings thing; they just don’t want ties and from a fan viewing perspective I get it.

I sat through an entire 0-0 final outcome tie game live when I was a kid...talk about a disgusting night out.

Reactions: AussieCapsFan

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I went to plenty of 0-0 and 1-1 games over the years. Never minded them TBH.

oh come on.....plenty of (final score) 0-0 NHL ties you attended? and you “didn’t mind”? I felt like the one I attended was an aberration (and an abomination)....

it’s the ultimate borefest....if you really are ok with them, then I get your hardcore stance.....

I just hate the keep away aspect of 3-3....

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
oh come on.....plenty of (final score) 0-0 NHL ties you attended? and you “didn’t mind”? I felt like the one I attended was an aberration (and an abomination)....

it’s the ultimate borefest....if you really are ok with them, then I get your hardcore stance.....

I just hate the keep away aspect of 3-3....
Yeah, 3-on-3 is legit the worst idea ever. As for the low and no score ties, I guess I just took it as it was. Maybe a bit disappointing but I honestly was ok with it. Especially if the play was competitive. Whatever, it's a relic of bygone days now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->