League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) - 2020 TDL Edition - Vol. 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Maple Laughs....way to no-show.
Realistically their only actual window was when most of those guys were on ELCs. They needed to load up then with veteran defensemen and such. It's like for the last 4 years they've been anticipating a window that wouldn't ever actually exist and had no path to existing, just bizarre management. It's like they're operating under the assumption that the cap would always go up to the max every season.

Getting Tavares was such a video game move and a poor one at that. This isn't the NBA, you have to spread it out a bit Toronto.

Reactions: Calicaps and max21

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Glad for Torts. Had been crapped on for so long thanks to the Queen Hank and soft as a baby shit canadian media until the Jackets signing. Always thought he's one of the best coaches the league has. And what's a better story than underdogs that work their asses off every shift and beat shiny, glamorous fan favourites one after another? Enjoyed the hell out of the spanking Hawks gave to the Golden boy and Leon "I'm MVP and a beta on my team at the same time" Draisaitl. And now it just adds up . Sign me up for more!
I mean Lundqvist is literally the only reason the Rangers went to the SCF in 2012, I don't really get how anyone could dislike Hank, but I def don't get how anyone could look at Torts time there and think that Lundqvist was the problem.

Literally name any other player on those teams and you'd have a better argument. Guy is easily a first ballot HoFer

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
I mean Lundqvist is literally the only reason the Rangers went to the SCF in 2012, I don't really get how anyone could dislike Hank, but I def don't get how anyone could look at Torts time there and think that Lundqvist was the problem.

Literally name any other player on those teams and you'd have a better argument.
I mean Hank is a good goalie but it's a pretty well known fact that he was plotting against Torts in the locker room and ran him outta town. Hank has always been a diva.

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
Okay so can someone please explain to me why only the teams who lost the qualifying round have a shot at the number 1 pick? Or am I wrong. Kind of confused

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Okay so can someone please explain to me why only the teams who lost the qualifying round have a shot at the number 1 pick? Or am I wrong. Kind of confused

Wish I could because it's crazy with this stuff this year. I'm going to laugh if Pitt gets it. Imho, worst teams of the season should get dibs on it.

Reactions: max21

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
Yeah, I didn’t realize a place holder team won the first lottery. That would be insane if Pittsburgh or Edmonton won it, I would laugh, tears

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Pittsburgh or Toronto would be too obvious. At least the NHL can point to Edmonton having all those recent #1s to alternative fact everyone and cover their tracks.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Yeah, I didn’t realize a place holder team won the first lottery. That would be insane if Pittsburgh or Edmonton won it, I would laugh, tears

25% chance it will be one of those two.

Also, 37.5% chance it will be one of Winnipeg, Nashville or Toronto, all routinely playoff teams.

Detroit, LA, Ottawa, they got royally f***ed by this process.

Reactions: Calicaps and max21

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
25% chance it will be one of those two.

Also, 37.5% chance it will be one of Winnipeg, Nashville or Toronto, all routinely playoff teams.

Detroit, LA, Ottawa, they got royally f***ed by this process.
LA won two cups not that long ago, they can take a break. Ottawa aint winning anything with Melnik anyways. Detroit..yeah but they'd probably waste the best years of his career tryna built something from nothing, sometimes it's better for a player to not touch those failing franchises and end up somewhere where people know how to play.

crab

Jan 26, 2019
Rangers isn’t that bad. Obviously not the best.

Fun to see the Penguins fans shocked by this, they convinced themselves they were going to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad