League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) - 2020 TDL Edition - Vol. 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
How are they getting stiffed?? They are using play in series because teams 9-12 could have gotten in if the season went 82, TB could have passed Boston, maybe phili passes Washington. Same principle. Besides we all know seeding in the NHL holds much less value then other sports. Cherry becomes less credible every time he opens his mouth IMO

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
good read, tough read.

If you’re a parent sending your kid away to live in that world, how can you not be terrified?

I had plenty of hazing growing up playing hockey. Nothing as extreme in his article. But it was definitely part of the culture to toughen the rookies up for a full contact sport.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006

Read a bit of Mogilny talk for HHoF today but was kind of shocked he didn't manage 500 goals. He didn't play 1000 games but still.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Was Hossa really that much better then Bondra? If he didn’t go full LeBron chasing champions he wouldn’t have got in

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Is there a contending team this salarcy cap news means less to than the Caps? Tampa may need to move someone, sure feels like the LEafs will, not to mention upcoming RFAs...
Off the top of my head Pittsburgh seems like they're in good shape as well. Schultz, Marleau, and Sheary will clear up $9.2mm in cap space after this year, Bjugstad clears up another $4.1mm next year (assuming he's not traded this summer), and they don't need to re-sign Geno until 2022-23. They could also find a taker for Matt Murray if they want to roll with Jarry in net.

Washington is in good shape assuming no one making big money falls off a cliff. Anyone will be in trouble with albatross contracts as it's going to be very difficult to find partners who can take on bad contracts. I wonder if they allow a special CBO or two if it is indeed announced that the cap will remain flat for three more years.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Was Hossa really that much better then Bondra? If he didn’t go full LeBron chasing champions he wouldn’t have got in

yeah Bondra aside, borderline pick for me...but he’s got 500/1100, 1300 GP, never really a Selke contender, but sniffed it a few times. I’d give him the nod probably....

Last edited:

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
The NHL needs new leadership. I'm not sure what I've been reading and I'm perplexed. It's going further down the rabbit hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad