League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) - 2020 TDL Edition - Vol. 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
Those Carey Price rumors in the media the other day make perfect sense now.

They’re being gifted another franchise player

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Gotta say: the NHL being the first announced out of the gate is a rare win for them. Still need to get the location details but good job getting it together. Of course, a lot to actually execute and probably a fair bit of good fortune needed throughout.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
So the Caps will play 3 games in the first round (vs Philly, Tampa and Boston) to determine seeding. While their next round opponent has to play a best of 5 series.

Advantage: Washington.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
At first glance the draft lottery rules seem incredibly complicated, I'm kind of glad the Caps aren't involved.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
At first glance the draft lottery rules seem incredibly complicated, I'm kind of glad the Caps aren't involved.

I think its simply the loser of the play in games have a 3.0% chance of winning the lottery. (or was it 3.5%?)

Whats complicated is they can't wait until the play ins are played for some reason.

Empty Goal Net

Do I see another GOAT?
Feb 13, 2010
I think he only cares about Cups and 895.

which the latter he’s lost a lot of games to. Age wise

The 2 you mention are higher priorities imo, but as a fan I'd like him to get 2 more 50s, giving him 10 in all. That record - along w/ #895 (or more) - would last a long time.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Gotta say: the NHL being the first announced out of the gate is a rare win for them. Still need to get the location details but good job getting it together. Of course, a lot to actually execute and probably a fair bit of good fortune needed throughout.

Yeah, I've never been a fan of Bettman, but I think he did a good job here. Seems like he has done a better job than the NBA in getting things together. It probably helps he is working with the NHLPA and not the NBA players.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Ovi gets f***ed out of 50 again and a playoff team can win the lottery -- both of those things suck. But, apart from that, I think they're doing a really nice job.

Are we sure about Ov? My understanding is the pre playoff games are not playoff games. They count for setting seedings and for who gets in. Its a detail. Do the Caps round robin games stats count? You would think the PA would insist that they count toward service. Maybe I just missed where they said they don't count.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I think he only cares about Cups and 895.

which the latter he’s lost a lot of games to. Age wise

My view all along has been that Ov will get his games on the back end that he loses on the front end. These 10 games aren't a deal breaker anyway. It just kills a 50 goal season, if they don't count the stats in the pre playoff games as regular season stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad