League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) - 2020 TDL Edition - Vol. 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection

f***.
Didn't see any article updates at nhl com but it did just show PPD for all tonight's games along the top of the screen for the games
Inevitable I guess b/c of NBA developments and they share arenas with most NBA teams; amazing how fast things have developed. I guess ultimately it's a good thing the U.S. is finally taking things seriously now, hope we get over the hump sooner than later

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
f***.
Didn't see any article updates at nhl com but it did just show PPD for all tonight's games along the top of the screen for the games
Inevitable I guess b/c of NBA developments and they share arenas with most NBA teams; amazing how fast things have developed. I guess ultimately it's a good thing the U.S. is finally taking things seriously now, hope we get over the hump sooner than later

The US isn't monolithic and I would suggest an extensive portion of the population isn't taking it seriously

Reactions: kicksavedave

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
The US isn't monolithic and I would suggest an extensive portion of the population isn't taking it seriously
oh no doubt, case in point the NBA's patient-zero Gobert rubbing the microphones and reporters' recorders to mock the 'paranoia' the other day

It is slightly heartening to see some pro-activity of choosing safety over capitalism

Reactions: Calicaps

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Im wondering if players still will be practicing. Because it's gonna be messy playoffs if not.

I am going to guess that teams will get at least a week of skating together, like a mini camp, before they play any real games. Wouldn't be surprised to see everyone in the playoffs getting an exhibition game to try and tune up.

Reactions: shtorm2005

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Exhibition game? Nope.

a mini training camp of sorts to allow guys to get their legs back makes sense. I could see like 5 days.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Just awful news coming out of Edmonton this morning. Colby Cave passed away after suffering a brain bleed this week due to a colloid cyst.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Will the top 4 teams in each conference play "meaningful" games against each other during the "pre-cup" tournament between 5->12 ?

If not, it will be difficult for these teams to play against the winners in "real round 1" of the playoffs.

McVechkin

Jun 29, 2015
Will the top 4 teams in each conference play "meaningful" games against each other during the "pre-cup" tournament between 5->12 ?

If not, it will be difficult for these teams to play against the winners in "real round 1" of the playoffs.

not sure how, but per Lebrun they are expected to have seeding implications. So you def want to win to avoid playing pens in first round

Reactions: ovikovy817

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I think the regular season point totals should carry over when the top 4 teams play each other. Based on those point totals and the results of the games between the top 4 teams that's how I would reseed them (based on points percentage, since the total number of games played would be different for each team).

Boston would be the guaranteed #1 seed in the East but IMO they earned it with their regular season. The other 3 teams in the East (TB, PHI, WSH) could all finish anywhere from #2-#4. Meanwhile no team in the West would have their position set in stone so they'd all be playing meaningful games. And even in Boston's case they are still playing meaningful hockey since one would assume they are looking to get into playoff form.

I understand that this postseason is different but they should reward teams for having better regular seasons IMO.

Reactions: McVechkin and um

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Arent they?

The top 4 in each division are being rewarded. Everyone else is going into a hopper. In a league where you play the season believing the top 8 make it.

How can anyone justify MTL having a shot at the Cup, while the Pens can lose 2 to that same Habs team and be done?

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
The top 4 in each division are being rewarded. Everyone else is going into a hopper. In a league where you play the season believing the top 8 make it.

How can anyone justify MTL having a shot at the Cup, while the Pens can lose 2 to that same Habs team and be done?

RIght. My info was the top 4 in each were getting to play warmup games. I agree with Pens fans that playing a best of 3 against Carey Price isn't fair. I am not bothered by the Caps getting to slide while the Penguins play, but fair is fair. Facts are that Montreal doesn't belong and Pittsburgh will probably coast by them in 3 or 4 and Crosby will load up 10 points

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad