League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) - 2020 Offseason Edition - Vol. 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
You mean if Nazarov wouldn't mention the political connection, ppl wouldn't connect it to this story?
Impossible to know for sure either way. It's quite possible that this story never gets picked up at all without the political connections. The reality is that Nazarov did mention the political connection, and did so explicitly. He stated that Artemi's pattern of "evil behavior" is what led him to making his "evil" anti-Putin statements.

Reactions: Kleefeld

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Some politicians of the state Duma already told that Nazarov is just a freak.

But the mass media trying to sell papers as usual.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Some politicians of the state Duma already told that Nazarov is just a freak.

But the mass media trying to sell papers as usual.

It really does seem like it's just Nazarov. There should be penalties in place against false accusations like that. Not sure what the equivalent of slander/libel/defamation is in Russia, but Nazarov shouldn't be allowed to just walk away from that. At least have to prove what he knows in front of a court.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Except the connection to politics of Panarin was explicitly stated by Nazarov when he accused Panarin. The political retribution angle was there from the beginning because it is what motivated Nazarov to share the story, according to Nazarov himself.
I guess the idea behind that is you should not criticize the system you used to get out of jail yourself.

Well, Riga is a known sex tourism city. They could get into trouble in the bar one way or another (being innocent or guilty in the end). Also Panarin played for the team which was under some allegedly criminal ppl influence. They were acquiring fighters from NA to have fun and so on. They could easily help to solve the problem when it happened. And ppl out of Latvia will tell you that you can certainly solve such problem with tens of thousands euro (I guess even nowadays).

Now if Nazarov thinks he should be a social media moderator for Panarin... and he can reveal this all to make him pay. I think he's wrong on that matter.

I can believe something happened.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Lets speculate some more, I think its fun.

Option 1: nothing happened. No evidence, obviously.

Panarin sues Naz, should be easy money.

Option 2: it happened in some form. Russian guys asked Latvian friends to help solve it and paid on the spot (or asked them to pay cash actually due to the team not having enough). One set of criminals (allegedly) asked their friends in Latvia for help and received it (Latvian friends could actually get most of the sum I will speculate).

There is still no evidence because it was wiped out! Panarin sues Naz and wins, right? No. Obviously it's doubtful Panarin sues Naz.

So there comes OG-2022. Russian Federation says Panarin is injured and doesnt get invited for games. Russia fails, everybody talks about Panarin and a bit about Kuzy.

Very few talk about Rotenberg/Tretyak who should be fired in the end. That's the profit. Now we know who asked Naz to act! :P

PS: Honestly, Im only half joking in the second part.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
So there comes OG-2022. Russian Federation says Panarin is injured and doesnt get invited for games. Russia fails, everybody talks about Panarin and a bit about Kuzy.

Very few talk about Rotenberg/Tretyak who should be fired in the end. That's the profit. Now we know who asked Naz to act! :P

PS: Honestly, Im only half joking in the second part.

Talk about Kuzy not being allowed to play in OG 2022 you mean lol

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Also, I think Panarin's family in Russia is absolutely safe. Nobody will dare to do anything against them. It would be very dumb big risk to try and nothing to show for it. Pure lunacy.

Just Naz getting into trouble publically (while its still not known whats up I guess if there is someone behind Naz they wont appear publically).

LOL, I see there are answers in this thread, but they are from ignored members. Pity.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
People finally see that Price is a media snowball that had been wrongly labelled the best for too long. I swear he's the most overrated goalie I have ever seen. A single season on the top level brought the guy to a fame comparable only to a trio of greats like Hasek, Brodeur and Roy.
This. Never understood the hype. He's good, but hes never struck me as the next coming of those guys at all.

Imagine being able to stay this calm during a fight where you can casually call the refs over to help the other guy out -- whose face you just split open -- while he's still trying to punch you in the face.

Hockey players are different.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
So, Panarin had some arguing with a girl 10 years ago. Anisin said there were 4 of them. And that was nothing serious (although that girl or someone else called the police apparently). Said Panarin kind of pushed her or smth, not kicked at least.

Nothing came from that, they didnt pay anyone and didnt have any trouble because of it. That's one guy Nazarov said was with Panarin.

That's it for now.

Surely looks like Putin wanted to make Panarin bankrupt.

PS: That was karaoke bar. They had alcohol. Police came later in the night, after the whole situation.

Last edited:

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
Only San Jose has less regulation wins than Pittsburgh. Ottawa has the same amount as does Buffalo (in one less game). They’re 4-7 in regulation and 7-1 in games that go into OT and shootout. There’s definitely a crack in that foundation and they’re gonna be in trouble if they don’t continue winning 88% of their OT/SO games.

Coldplay619

Oct 17, 2010
Only San Jose has less regulation wins than Pittsburgh. Ottawa has the same amount as does Buffalo (in one less game). They’re 4-7 in regulation and 7-1 in games that go into OT and shootout. There’s definitely a crack in that foundation and they’re gonna be in trouble if they don’t continue winning 88% of their OT/SO games.

It's the Penguins, they'll bullshit their way to success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->