League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) - 2020 Bubble Hockey Edition - Vol. 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
I've been constantly refreshing to see news of any big trades on the lead up to the draft and its always nada, nothing, big fat zero.

Reactions: AussieCapsFan

Kalopsia

Jun 25, 2018
First big trade of the season. Seems like a solid deal for both teams, though I'd have thought Domi would have a bit more value.

Wow, they had to add a 3rd to Domi to get Anderson? Either Domi has way less value than Habs fans have been saying or Anderson's way more valuable than I thought, even coming off a season where he had 4 points in 26 games.

Reactions: Bieronymus Trotz

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
Domi’s a strange one for me. Came into the league hot in Arizona then got shipped out. Was Montreal’s leading scorer his first year but Claude had him on the 4th line these past playoffs.

He always looks good when I watch him though

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
Really dig Bergevin as a trader. Always seems to make trades that piss hf off but ultimately comes out on top. Subban for Weber, Galchenyuk for Domi, haul for Pacioretty which is starting to look like a huge steal with Suzuki a potential 1c, Danault, Petry, Armia. The amount of value he extracts is crazy. Even Drouin for Sergachev is starting to look pretty even (if Sergachev goes to a team where he isn't in literally the most favorable position for any player in the entire league his true value will be revealed pretty quickly)

Conjuring a free 2nd rounder for holding Scandella for a month this year may be my favorite trade since conjuring a 3rd for doing the same with Kovalchuk

Reactions: tenken00

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Really dig Bergevin as a trader. Always seems to make trades that piss hf off but ultima comes out on top.

Conjuring a free 2nd rounder for holding Scandella for a month this year may be my favorite trade since conjuring a 3rd for doing the same with Kovalchuk

Yeah that Kovalchuk for a 3rd kinda hurts right now on draft day haha..

Reactions: bur and 666 others

Jun 15, 2007
Jarmo fleeced Montreal here.

Anderson had a 4 point season. There's absolutely no way Montreal should have paid what they did.

Anderson could become that player again. He might not. We don't know. Domi +3rd is the price you pay if you know for a fact that he's the same player. Since no one can know that, its a massive overpayment.

Reactions: Calicaps

Jun 15, 2007
Didn’t Andersen battle injuries all year? He was solid the few seasons before that

Yeah but when a power forward starts to have a ton of injuries, its time to cut bait.

No players in the NHL age worse than power forwards. Something to keep in mind when Wilson's deal is up too. Wilson's deal actually looks pretty good now. It ends just when most power forwards are done being effective.

Reactions: Hivemind

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Yeah but when a power forward starts to have a ton of injuries, its time to cut bait.

No players in the NHL age worse than power forwards. Something to keep in mind when Wilson's deal is up too. Wilson's deal actually looks pretty good now. It ends just when most power forwards are done being effective.
He’s only 26 and has 267 NHL games. It’s not like he’s a Wayne Simmonds where he has had multiple injury riddled seasons

Kalopsia

Jun 25, 2018
Kahun not getting qualified is the biggest shock so far, IMO. 37 points in his rookie season with the Blackhawks, and was on pace for 45 this year split between the Pens and Sabres. He'd be a great "dumpster dive," if you can call a player with that level of production a dumpster dive.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Kahun not getting qualified is the biggest shock so far, IMO. 37 points in his rookie season with the Blackhawks, and was on pace for 45 this year split between the Pens and Sabres. He'd be a great "dumpster dive," if you can call a player with that level of production a dumpster dive.
Looks like Kahun will be re-signing with Sabres, they just didn't want to risk arbitration.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs

Mike Knuble aged terribly. Same with Tomas Holmstrom, Brendan Shanahan, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad