Kings Video: NHL Stanley Cup Final Rangers vs. Kings

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Listening to Eddie O whine about the penalty that lead to the tying goal in game 5 is hilarious. "It could've easily been a penalty on Muzzin for sticking his leg out" .

Ron*

Listening to Eddie O whine about the penalty that lead to the tying goal in game 5 is hilarious. "It could've easily been a penalty on Muzzin for sticking his leg out" .

I know. I've heard it now a number of times and still can't believe his take. Muzzin didn't look like he stuck out his leg that much to me.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Funny how he thinks Muzzin stuck his leg out when it's obvious he's trying to pull a juke move to his left while Zuccarello's leg catches Muzzin's hind leg.

One other note on Muzzin that I noticed more of rewatching the game for the hundredth time, he's good at absorbing hits and taking the hit to make a play. Sometimes this gets him in trouble, but he was particularly good at it in this game. That's another reason why he kind of reminds me of Darryl Sydor, who also had a penchant for taking a hit to make a play and was also a solid puck mover with a good shot.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Funny how he thinks Muzzin stuck his leg out when it's obvious he's trying to pull a juke move to his left while Zuccarello's leg catches Muzzin's hind leg.

If the puck is by him , then yes, we've seen that called all the time, but Muzzin plays the puck in front of him and is moving forward.

Also, with about 2 mins to go, Brown gets smoked way before the puck gets to him and the ref looks the other way. I'm thinking if that's anyone else, interference may be called even with a few minutes to go.. They sure didn't have any problem calling penalties on the Kings in the OT's.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
If the puck is by him , then yes, we've seen that called all the time, but Muzzin plays the puck in front of him and is moving forward.

Also, with about 2 mins to go, Brown gets smoked way before the puck gets to him and the ref looks the other way. I'm thinking if that's anyone else, interference may be called. They sure didn't have any problem calling penalties on the Kings in the OT's.

And that Clifford "boarding" call in the second OT was complete ********.

Ron*

Also, with about 2 mins to go, Brown gets smoked way before the puck gets to him and the ref looks the other way. I'm thinking if that's anyone else, interference may be called even with a few minutes to go.. They sure didn't have any problem calling penalties on the Kings in the OT's.

Interesting stat:

Rangers had a total of four power plays in the five OT periods in the series, Kings had only one.

All three OT goals by the Kings were at even-strength.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
The funny thing is, he scored more goals and points in his one partial season with the Kings than his 3 seasons worth of goals and points for the Rangers.

Yet it's funny how he is recognized as a Cup champ despite not doing anything to help the Rangers on that run in '94.

And we have Olczyk to thank for the Kings landing Glen Murray. What a steal.

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
Yet it's funny how he is recognized as a Cup champ despite not doing anything to help the Rangers on that run in '94.

And we have Olczyk to thank for the Kings landing Glen Murray. What a steal.

We signed Olczyk as an UFA. Basically we got Glen Murray for nothing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad