NHL NHL Standings Watch - 2019-20 Edition - Updated 3/11/20

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
I watched the Leaf hi-lites this morning. Matthews scored 2 goals but was a minus 3 and directly gave the puck twice to the Rags for goals. If he was a ranger player he would have got an 2 assists. Funny how the media focuses on the goalie and they blame just him.

The replay shows Matthews on the side wall in a scrum blindly kick it to his own slot area and goal. On the rags empty netter he just threw it out front blindly again, no one there. He also lost two back to back face offs giving up 2 goals in 6 seconds.

This is why we value Bergy so much, heck even Bjork will not do those things. Yet the ticker will say Matthews 2 goals. I think under Babcock he would have developed into a complete player. The new coach is just letting him play 100% run and gun style and riding his success on pure scoring.

AM will be like Kessel, soft and one dimensional for his career. Guys like Bergy will bear down on him in the playoffs, when it gets tighter and real. For the regular season AM will run up the goals and get the glory.

Reactions: rfournier103

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
I watched the Leaf hi-lites this morning. Matthews scored 2 goals but was a minus 3 and directly gave the puck twice to the Rags for goals. If he was a ranger player he would have got an 2 assists. Funny how the media focuses on the goalie and they blame just him.

The replay shows Matthews on the side wall in a scrum blindly kick it to his own slot area and goal. On the rags empty netter he just threw it out front blindly again, no one there. He also lost two back to back face offs giving up 2 goals in 6 seconds.

This is why we value Bergy so much, heck even Bjork will not do those things. Yet the ticker will say Matthews 2 goals. I think under Babcock he would have developed into a complete player. The new coach is just letting him play 100% run and gun style and riding his success on pure scoring.

AM will be like Kessel, soft and one dimensional for his career. Guys like Bergy will bear down on him in the playoffs, when it gets tighter and real. For the regular season AM will run up the goals and get the glory.

Kessel deserved the conn smythe. People like to bash him but he was a key piece for both cup runs

Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
even if we struggle the rest of the year... play a piddly 500 hockey...

we will still end up 106 points...

in any of the past 4 seasons that would finish us no worst than 3rd

we had 107 points last year... we are pretty much guaranteed of doing better this year.

in fact its looking like we are pretty much guaranteed of having one of the 3 best regular season records of any team in the last 5 years

if tampa can finish ahead of us...bully for them... they will have earnt it because we have NOTHING to apologize for. we are having one of the greatest seasons in bruins history

now, focus on the finish... regular season would get any parades... we need us another cup while we still have Bergeron/marchand/rask in their primes and chara hanging around for what all he brings too

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I can even fathom the panic level in Toronto right now - the Metro looks like they will have the 2 wild card slots

upload_2020-2-20_1-8-37.png

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I can't either but I'm almost positive 2014 2015 2016 2017 last year this year next year is their year. Definitely. All the pieces are finally coming together

I can't stress this enough - Montreal fans respect what the Bruins have done the past 10 years - Toronto fans DESPISE all things Boston. Red Sox fans have been known to misbehave at Jays games.

WARNING LANGUAGE

The simple truth - the last time Toronto beat the Bruins in a playoff series was 61 years ago when they won a Game 7 at Boston Garden.

This clip is special to me as you can see my Dad working a camera during the injury intermission and again between the second and third periods. My Dad worked for the old WHDH-TV but they rented the truck from WNAC-TV ( The Yankee Network ) to feed the CBC as the Channel 5 truck was at Fenway for the start of the baseball season.

EvilElf63

Mar 27, 2012
Catskills
Boston 9-1-0 in their last 10.
Tampa 10-0-0 in their last 10.

Gonna be a fun race to the end. Finishing first in the division isn't about the Presidents Trophy, and it's not really about avoiding the Leafs in the 1st round either (although it'd be great if they just missed the playoffs altogether). It should be about getting Philly, Florida, or Carolina in the first round, hopefully, hopefully, to build some momentum.

Reactions: rfournier103

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
adjusted for games played... and assuming our competition wins every game in hand they hold over us...

after 62 games played around the nhl we have a 5 point lead over our closest competitor for the president trophy

in fact the red hot tampa bay lightning have lost ground to us over the last 10 games... they are good but we are better

Washington/st louis are falling well off in the rear view mirror as we enter the final 1/4 of the season

if we struggle and ONLY PLAY 500 hockey the rest of the way we will STILL HAVE 110 POINTS!!!

this team we are watching is good... very good
get your seats on the playoff bandwagon now....
all the good ones are going to be gone very very soon
go bruins go

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
lightning on their way to their 4th straight loss tonight... with 18 games to play they are 5 points back of us

Washington and Pittsburgh both sub-500 over their last 10 games... both now quite a ways in the rear view mirror

st louis a full 6 points back as well

I know it was pretty fasionable here to have a smart hot take wondering if we should fire Cassidy {yeah the same coach that took us to the cup finals last year}

and I know a lot of hot take smart marks have been saying we have no scoring depth and didnt address the teams needs at the deadline and have a goalie that cant be counted on and a big dman that is a pilon and a 4th line that is brain dead... and and and and

but people... boys and girls... you are seriously missing one hell of a good season trying to outsmart yourselves. honestly just dumb it down a bit. first place is good. going to the cup finals is good. getting there again is going to be good so join the band wagon now

the good seats are filling fast and I wouldnt want you to miss any more of this fun than some of you already have

Reactions: Fenway

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Rangers are making a push :popcorn:
Nobody wants to play them right now and the B's could face them in Round 1

Toronto with a huge win in Florida tonight.

upload_2020-2-27_23-7-26.png

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Rangers are making a push :popcorn:
Nobody wants to play them right now and the B's could face them in Round 1

Toronto with a huge win in Florida tonight.

View attachment 328345

I wish we didnt have to play anyone lol

shocking how many first round series go 7

but as for the rangers... if you are going on an abnormal hot streak and playing above your heads... doing it 20 games before the playoffs is a bit of peaking too early

now if we believe this is the real rangers and they wont revert back to 500 hockey in the next 10 game stretch then we might have a team of destiny

id be more concerned about Carolina... hardest working team in hockey just got much deeper on the blueline and added a better scorer up front too.

and that philly team has that hotshot kid goalie that can be a problem too

we aint likely getting any pushovers in these playoffs... but its what they used to tell me about bears when they said they are more scared of us... oops in this case we are the bears and those teams should all be more scared of us... so... im just mixing my metaphors now

but the point stands... we are the beast in the east... let those guys tremble first

KingKrug47

May 21, 2019
Usually when you "wish" for a particular team, it doesn't end to well at all. So give me whoever in round 1. If it's meant to be it's meant to be. This team is 1st in the league for a reason. They can beat anyone

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Usually when you "wish" for a particular team, it doesn't end to well at all. So give me whoever in round 1. If it's meant to be it's meant to be. This team is 1st in the league for a reason. They can beat anyone

I do wish they would change playoff format and let top seed pick opponents... not just in round I

reseed each round and keep giving top seed first pick of opponents... and make it all 16 teams up for grabs

that way questions of travel/divisional rivary is up to the team itself to put importance on... but imagine all the pie in the face for every upset. that would be high drama and id love it

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I do wish they would change playoff format and let top seed pick opponents... not just in round I

reseed each round and keep giving top seed first pick of opponents... and make it all 16 teams up for grabs

that way questions of travel/divisional rivary is up to the team itself to put importance on... but imagine all the pie in the face for every upset. that would be high drama and id love it

Can you imagine that selection show!!!!!!! Ratings would go through the roof

upload_2020-2-28_3-48-53.png

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Imagine if the Bruins could win a Shootout....
0-7...
Shootout record for the teams that finished with the best record in the NHL:

2018/19 Lightning: 6-1
2017/18 Predators: 6-7
2016/17 Capitals: 2-5
2015/16 Capitals: 4-2
2014/15 Rangers: 4-5
2013/14 Bruins: 3-6
2012/13 Blackhawks: 6-5
2011/12 Canucks: 8-7
2010/11 Canucks: 4-5
2009/10 Capitals: 5-6
2008/09 Sharks: 6-5
2007/08 Red Wings: 5-5
2006/07 Sabres: 10-4
2005/06 Red Wings: 4-3

Bruins getting the best record while picking up 0 extra points from the shootout would be pretty crazy. You usually see at least a close to .500 record outside of the 2016/17 Caps and 2013/14 Bruins.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->