GDT: NHL Stadium Series: Colorado Avalanche Vs Los Angeles Kings | 8PM EST 6PM MST | Air Force Academy

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
thumb.aspx

images

Jixer19

Dec 19, 2015
Edmonton, Alberta
I am more excited by the location, and what kind of show they will put up, than the game itself. Mind you, the Avs do need the 2 points to keep up in the west, so they better win lol

Reactions: Ghetty Green

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I miss the times when outdoor games were cool and unique.

avsfan9

Jul 28, 2011
Avs win please. Big outdoor game with millions watching. Avs lay a massive egg.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Well, might as well make the most of it... I wish the jerseys were better. I love the F-16 they put out there on the field, they did a good job with the stadium.

SealsFan4Life

May 22, 2019
Ontario, CA
This will be a fun game.
I really like the Avs unis.
Kings....meh....the helmets look great.

havent seen them in action yet so i guess i can't judge yet.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I don't understand the match up here at all. Not trying to be a dick to Kings fans at all but we're not division rivals, we don't have any recent memory rivalries.

I mean the theme of this thing is a bunch of jets, why are we not playing Winnipeg?

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
This will be a fun game.
I really like the Avs unis.
Kings....meh....the helmets look great.

havent seen them in action yet so i guess i can't judge yet.

The Kings kits look freaky on the ice since there's no bottom line to the jersey, it's almost camo.

Also they have everything your typical beer league fight club has, chrome helmets, white gloves, if only Kopitar had the FULL mirror visor instead of smoke...

I don't understand the match up here at all. Not trying to be a dick to Kings fans at all but we're not division rivals, we don't have any recent memory rivalries.

I mean the theme of this thing is a bunch of jets, why are we not playing Winnipeg?

payback for the tunnel of terror at Frozen Fury in years past imo

but to the boldfaced, that would have been too good.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003

Kings and Avs have had miltiple Frozen Fury matchups.

Could be a combination of experience/familiarity with special event games as well as the draw/turnout of fans at these functions.

Reactions: Butch 19

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK

Personally I don't like when things are that cutesy

"Let's have them play the Jets at the Air Force Academy, ooooh isn't THAT CLEVER" not really no

Color/jersey-wise this should be a visually appealing matchup and the location seems cool

Super Hans

Stats Evangelist
Oct 9, 2016

Philip Anschutz has always had a significant influence in Colorado, particularly Colorado Springs. AEG (who owns the Kings) also owns the Broadmoor Hotel, along with the World Arena and more in the Springs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad