NHL Signs Merchandise Deal With Disney

Mwd711

Jan 20, 2006
This is certainly odd but I guess there isn't much bad blood between Disney and the NHL after all.

http://paranoidpuck.wordpress.com/2011/07/22/phineas/
The National Hockey League (NHL) and Disney Consumer Products have revealed plans to co-brand merchandise featuring characters from Disney Channel’s Emmy Award-winning animated series, Phineas and Ferb, in the 2011-12 NHL season. The NHL made the announcement today at the 2011 NHL Exchange licensed products and retail trade show inside the Air Canada Centre in Toronto.

Any deal is a good one but this certainly seems like it came out of left field. What the heck is Phineas and Ferb anyways? :laugh:

MaskedSonja

Feb 3, 2007
Formerly Tinalera
This is certainly odd but I guess there isn't much bad blood between Disney and the NHL after all.

http://paranoidpuck.wordpress.com/2011/07/22/phineas/

Any deal is a good one but this certainly seems like it came out of left field. What the heck is Phineas and Ferb anyways? :laugh:

Phin and Ferb is a HUGE cartoon among the pre-teen set (9-12 of age)

Wow, anyone's favorite team can now TRULY become a Mickey Mouse organization! ;) I can just SEE the future JPG's of Mickey characters wearing a team jersey when that organization is going through tough times! ;)

Jonas1235

Jan 8, 2008
Calgary
I was listening to a radio interview of Brian Jennings and he said that they have signed lots of new agreements with new partners for the upcoming season. Particularily for clothing lines and such.

Personally, I can't wait to see what new products they have online. The league is finally realizing(probably due to Collins) that fans of any sport want things that are new and exciting. Can't say it's ever been like this in the past.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hocke...-hospital-scrubs-here-nhl-trade-show-hits-acc

Last edited:

kdb209

Jan 26, 2005
Or old enough.

I'm the parent of a 7 year old and I'm not ashamed to admit that Phineas and Ferb is ****ing hilarious. It beats the snot out of any sitcom on TV right now.

Yup. As a dad of a 5 & 8 year old - Phineas and Ferb is one of the few kids shows that is actually entertaining for adults - along with Fairly Odd Parents and, of course, SpongeBob.

PhineasAndFerbNHL-300x300.jpg

Last edited:

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
As a 42 yr old with children ages 8, 6, 2 and 2, I can say that Phineas and Ferb is an excellent show not only for children, but for adults as well. It has a lot of humor that really only adults will understand. I haven't met any adults yet that don't actually think the show is hilarious.

Canucks5551

Jun 1, 2005
Yup. As a dad of a 5 & 8 year old - Phineas and Ferb is one of the few kids shows that is actually entertaining for adults - along with Fairly Odd Parents and, of course, SpongeBob.

PhineasAndFerbNHL-300x300.jpg

I got into those back when my little brother started watching them. Perfect examples of kids shows that adults can watch and enjoy. I've never heard of Phineas and Ferb, though.

Rink Rage

May 2, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
So how much money does this make for each NHL team?

I guess this means ESPN has no choice but to become bit more NHL friendly.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad