NHL Should Use EA or 2K

Hank19

Apr 11, 2005
Doesn't the NFL use Madden once in a while to 'predict games'?
Why doesn't the NHL use EA or 2K to do the same.
It would be great if, before the Cup finals started, they showed a video montage of Bob MacKenzie and McGuire play a 7 game series on the Xbox.
Or even if TSN created a 'TSN team' and a 'Sportsnet' team and then have them faceoff.

And every year there's the Madden challenge that does get some pub. Why not have the Video Stanley Cup finals with a grand prize of two tickets and an all expenses paid trip to Game 1 of the Finals?

I've always liked playing baseball but I couldn't be bothered to follow MLB. But ever since I bought EA's MVP2005 I can't get enough. I listen to games on the radio, check stats and boxscores and watch Tiger games whenever I get the chance.
Surely EA or 2K could do the same to other people out there. Aren't there more gamers out there than fans? This is an untapped pool of fanbase the NHL doesn't even try to go out and get.

I know this dead horse has been beaten to it's 2nd death but the NHL is pathetic with their promotions. This idea seems so basic.

I am Jack's Fish

The league used NHL 2006 to show off the new rules.

I am Jack's Fish

Hank19 said:
Doesn't the NFL use Madden once in a while to 'predict games'?

And for the record, no league actually uses video games to "predict games", that is always the realm of television sports channels like ESPN and the like, as well as some media outlets and gaming sites that use the games to "predict the seasons" as means of promotion.

IGN actually has a big feature using games to prdict seasons which gets quite a bit of press, and they did the NHL as well.

Rand

Oct 17, 2002
AskMe
Vikke said:
They should use NHL EHM :bow:
Well the media did that before the season... I wouldn't bet on Pittsburgh making a late run to match EHM's predicted Stanley Cup however. ;)

But yes, EHM>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> NHL 2k6/NHL 2006.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->