NHL Seattle Ticket Drive Starts On March 1st With A 10am Puck Drop

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
One pundit on SXM was speculating Seattle GM candidates. His top candidate: VGK AGM McCrimmon.

Definitely would be "up" on expansion draft rules.

But would Foley/GMGM be willing to let him go for a GM position? In the division?

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
One pundit on SXM was speculating Seattle GM candidates. His top candidate: VGK AGM McCrimmon.

Definitely would be "up" on expansion draft rules.

But would Foley/GMGM be willing to let him go for a GM position? In the division?

It's still a long way off. Everyone's excited for a summer announcement for the Seattle team, I'm still unconvinced. Not that Seattle will get a team (obvious) but that they'll announce it when the renovation on the arena is barely underway. Seattle fans say it's this summer, though.

McCrimmon will get a shot at GM if he wants it, I'm sure. I'm guessing he's going to have more than one interested party in his services every coming off-season, and I'm sure a few of those will be GM positions. Heck, he turned down a front office job with the Leafs a few years ago, it's not like he's splashing on the scene.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Ideally GM hired about 15-18 months before start of play. Need nearly full year before expansion draft to scout everywhere/thing, so scouting staff kinda needs to be in place by end of summer prior to expansion draft.

How much additional staff would be needed will be based in part on how hockey ops is handled (by pres or GM).

So, if they're starting (play) 2020, probably need to have GM in place by July 2019. That's sixteen months from now.

Reactions: VanIslander

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I worry that McCrimmon might have been a bigger part of our success than even McPhee and losing him would expose just how vital a role he played.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad