NHL Seattle Practice facility renderings

PCSPounder

Stadium Groupie
Apr 12, 2012
The Outskirts of Nutria Nanny
Thing is, Eugene wants to find a league, Idaho Falls is building an arena, Billings has made noise, and those two Alaska teams are currently travel monsters to the Midwest. Trade Billings (too big a building) for someone else who can accommodate this and we could be talking something. Maybe Wenatchee would come back if those options present themselves (Wenatchee didn't simply leave the NAHL because the BCJHL was there... Fresno had just replaced the previous Wild franchise, Alaskan teams weren't local enough, and nobody else was close by.)

Granted, this is speculation. However, between the Idaho Falls activity and what Eugene is at least "saying," don't be surprised.

Something I should add, because who knows if this affects the naming issue: I'm looking at the WSHL. West Sound is not on solid ground. Southern Oregon just got sold at the last minute to even play this year. The Junior Totems in Seattle don't really have a full roster, either... meaning they might last this season, but any more? Eh. The NAHL does situate in some 1,000-capacity rinks, so Bellingham (definitely the strong team in the WSHL Northwest Division) faces the possibility of not having much local competition soon. Or, if Southern Oregon turns it around, they've had good crowds in previous years, maybe that's not a bad pickup if the conditions are right. Still, I know, speculative.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->