NHL Seattle hiring continues

Cane mutiny

Ahoy_Aho
Sep 5, 2006
Francis doesn't seem to have many new ideas. He seems intent on making Seattle Kraken into Seattle Hurricanes.
This would concern me as a Seattle fan, as the Hurricanes struggled to succeed for years with some of the crew he's hiring. Hope it works out better for you guys, and it just may.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Francis doesn't seem to have many new ideas. He seems intent on making Seattle Kraken into Seattle Hurricanes.
This would concern me as a Seattle fan, as the Hurricanes struggled to succeed for years with some of the crew he's hiring. Hope it works out better for you guys, and it just may.

And how do you know that... You have no idea what Seattle's plan is...

Reactions: Sabresmp

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
The Hurricanes would be a legitimate cup threat if they ever figured out their goaltending. There are many worse teams to model yourself after.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
And what makes you think Detroit will actually be better than Seattle in 3 years given the situation the league is in with the virus? If detroit wants him so bad then why not fire the guy they have and hire him? They have yet to fire their HC.
Detroit re-signed Blashill, and Gallant is headed to NY.

Like I said, arguing with me won't change the outcome, and in the end we were both wrong, lol.

New York Rangers hire Gerard Gallant as new coach, source says (espn.com)

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006

This is a bit misleading. The current Canes (as well as a few other teams) have contributions because of the work Francis and his scouting staff.

Slavin, Pesce, Aho, Necas, Foegele, McGinn, Nedeljkovic, Bean, Geekie, Lorentz - all drafted, all playing significant roles in carolina.
Teravainen - Acquired via trade by Francis.

Then a lot of guys drafted by the Canes during that stretch were used in key trades.

Lindholm and Hanifin --> Hamilton
Nic Roy (current 3C for VGN), Luostarinen and Wallmark --> Trocheck
Kuokkanen (playing a top 9 role for NJ)
Fleury --> Hakanpaa

Francis had a few issues in Carolina.
1) He could never find a goalie
2) He was either unwilling or unable to pull off a trade of some of these assets to better the team BUT.....it's partly because of #3
3) He was GM under an owner that was unwilling to spend to add enough talent to the roster.
4) Bill Peters wasn't the right guy for the job.

I would not be concerned as a Seattle fan at all, because in the end, it was a lot of the work put in by Francis and his current staff that has made Carolina successful today and he won't have the same financial constraints he had in Carolina. Plus, he's a smart guy and will learn from any past mistakes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad