NHL Seattle announces partnership with Monorail

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Get Me to the Game on Time

NHL Seattle will provide $$$ for monorail upgrades and provide free transit pass as part of game ticket.

Doesn't the former CEO(of sorts) of the Port of Seattle make a nice amount of money thanks to that?
I mean the one who got fired thanks to those connections going public.

Anyways, given the limited parking around Seattle Center something like this is needed to transport people to and from games without totally collapsing traffic.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Doesn't the former CEO(of sorts) of the Port of Seattle make a nice amount of money thanks to that?
I mean the one who got fired thanks to those connections going public.

Anyways, given the limited parking around Seattle Center something like this is needed to transport people to and from games without totally collapsing traffic.

Tom Albro was a former Port of Seattle Commissioner. The CEO was someone else. There's a lot of parking spots within a 5min walk to the arena.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Sure, but the monorail(or some kind of public transportion) was part of the deal for the arena anyways.

Thats cause it the only current means of major transportation that can take people from west lake center who travel via light rail into Seattle to the arena. The final mile was always going to be the difficult part.

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
9E1C6434-1252-47D2-875C-5B37B9FE2D27.gif

Reactions: Soundgarden

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad