Injury Report: NHL Season to be postponed

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
Remember when bettman was teasing leafs nation about playoff format and how leafs hate it cause they always get boston .

Well I bet bettman and nhl are gonna need leafs and leafs nation more then ever to make some additional revenue and help the leagues financial numbers

Leafs getting two home dates in the playoffs isn't going to make a difference.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
I agree. He’s no loss the way his season has gone. It’s just a shame we had to give up a useful player with term for 2/3 of a season of Barrie.

He was always at the bottom of my list of d-men I’d like to acquire. Everyone knows he’s an offensive d but he has been abysmal this year even at that. It’s like we traded Gardiner for his cousin from Denver.

Garbage player who should have never been a target from the start anyway. Tyson Barries and Jake Gardiner types are not what this team needs despite what Dumbas’ 50 million dollar analytics team says
Lets not use nicknames. It makes you look insecure.

Reactions: Fogelhund

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Yesterday would have been the last day of the regular season, and according to Dom Luszczyszyn's simulation, some interesting things happened. Edmonton missed the playoffs, and Hurricanes edged out the Islanders for a playoff spot. Man how amazing would this have been.
Our record after the stoppage ended up becoming 8-2-2. We would have loved this. Ironically our only regulation losses came against the Bruins and Habs.
This would've been a dream come true, except for the loss to the habs

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I agree. He’s no loss the way his season has gone. It’s just a shame we had to give up a useful player with term for 2/3 of a season of Barrie.

He was always at the bottom of my list of d-men I’d like to acquire. Everyone knows he’s an offensive d but he has been abysmal this year even at that. It’s like we traded Gardiner for his cousin from Denver.

Garbage player who should have never been a target from the start anyway. Tyson Barries and Jake Gardiner types are not what this team needs despite what Dumbas’ 50 million dollar analytics team says
I have to admit I re-watched every game of round 1 last year against Flames after trade and he looked like da spark driving Avs offense with his rushes, clean passes and offensive zone play. But I did not realize he was so sheltered and managed in terms of when he went on ice, who he was partnered with and against whom. Now I completely understand why Sakic wanted him out after his demands. He will find out this summer/fall when he hits UFA that he is not going to be in huge demand unless he will take like 4M per on an even shorter deal than Gards where he agrees to his usage upon signing. Newport will try da points argument but people are too smart now after 2 teams with same issues. But bottom line he is not a good fit here in Toronto with what we need on defense. Nice guy but bad fit.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
The season is finished .
Next season may stay in November with no fan's.
The USA will start to open up in May and by July every state will be back up. and Canada will be forced to do so as well. Pro sports games will be played in isolation so players don't get sick likely in July. Probably at 1 or 2 locations in midwest for hockey. Probably LA area and/or Vegas for NBA. It is all about the TV contract for da NBA. and NHL will follow suit. The NBA can't afford to payback da 2.6B under contract. and leagues will figure out how to conclude season and playoffs by end of October and then next season will start right away in November.

Reactions: David MORO

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
The USA will start to open up in May and by July every state will be back up. and Canada will be forced to do so as well. Pro sports games will be played in isolation so players don't get sick likely in July. Probably at 1 or 2 locations in midwest for hockey. Probably LA area and/or Vegas for NBA. It is all about the TV contract for da NBA. and NHL will follow suit. The NBA can't afford to payback da 2.6B under contract. and leagues will figure out how to conclude season and playoffs by end of October and then next season will start right away in November.
Possible bright side to all of this is laying in the pool on a Saturday in August and watching Playoff hockey from lunch until 2am.
I cannot wait.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Possible bright side to all of this is laying in the pool on a Saturday in August and watching Playoff hockey from lunch until 2am.
I cannot wait.
With no fans in stands I am assuming our Leafs will give us a discount off next or even following years subscription if you choose to park for 1 year. Have you given it any thought yet?

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
With no fans in stands I am assuming our Leafs will give us a discount off next or even following years subscription if you choose to park for 1 year. Have you given it any thought yet?
Haven't really thought of it.
If things keep going the way they are, I'll be doing something with my half for sure.
So many other things to taking up our money, hockey tickets fall to the bottom of that list.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Haven't really thought of it.
If things keep going the way they are, I'll be doing something with my half for sure.
So many other things to taking up our money, hockey tickets fall to the bottom of that list.
Yeah da wifey wants me to park for a year ... maybe I will as I don't want to catch da virus ... and then a vaccine will be out so should be safe again ... and no word from my golf club when we will open ... but pro hopeful for summer but likely no spring golf and st georges cancelled Canadian Open so no practice rounds for me this year with PGA pros which i was looking forward to

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Yeah da wifey wants me to park for a year ... maybe I will as I don't want to catch da virus ... and then a vaccine will be out so should be safe again ... and no word from my golf club when we will open ... but pro hopeful for summer but likely no spring golf and st georges cancelled Canadian Open so no practice rounds for me this year with PGA pros which i was looking forward to
Yeah had my first event of the year cancelled.
Early May at GreyStone.

I believe Golf course will be one of the first places to open up.
Where are you a member?

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Some great news on Sportsnet:

Sports around the world are on pause due to the COVID-19 pandemic, but the PGA Tour is reportedly close to announcing a return to play.
According to Brian Wacker of Golf Digest, the PGA Tour intends to resume its season with the Charles Schwab Challenge in Fort Worth, Texas, on the weekend of June 11-14. The tournament would not be open to spectators and future events would also be closed to the public, Wacker reports.
An official announcement is expected this week.
“Tour officials discussed plans with the Players Advisory Council during a conference call on Tuesday,” Wecker reports. The fields for tournaments when they return will feature between 144 and 156 players, he adds.
Golf has already seen its calendar rewritten due to the pandemic. The British Open, originally scheduled for mid-July, has been cancelled for 2020, while the other three majors have all been pushed back to the fall.
“If the safest and/or the only way to [hold the PGA] is to do it without fans, we’re fully prepared to do that,” Seth Waugh, the CEO of the PGA of America, said Tuesday in a SirusXM interview. “We believe that having it as a television event is worth doing regardless of whether there’s fans there or not.”
According to Wecker, the RBC Canadian Open, originally scheduled for June 11-14, will be cancelled. After the Charles Schwab Challenge, the PGA schedule could look like this, he adds, citing sources with direct involvement in the discussions.
June 25-28: Travelers Championship, TPC River Highlands, Cromwell, Conn.
July 2-5: Rocket Mortgage Classic, Detroit Golf Club (Moves from May 28-31)
July 9-12: John Deere Classic, TPC Deere Run, Silvis, Ill.
July 16-19: Memorial Tournament, Muirfield Village G.C., Dublin, Ohio (Moves from June 4-7)
July 23-26: 3M Open, TPC Twin Cities, Blaine, Minn.
July 30-Aug. 2: WGC-FedEx St. Jude Invitational, TPC Southwind, Memphis (Moves from July 2-5)
July 30-Aug. 2: Barracuda Championship, Tahoe Mt. Club, Truckee, Calif. (Moves from July 2-5)

Reactions: nsleaf and ACC1224

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Reactions: ACC1224

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
But he has no strategic direction except to say we will play in summer ... we might play part of a reg season with neutral games where necessary ... we will have an expanded playoffs to include the 7 teams on bubble - so my guess it is a 24 team playoff expected ... a 3 week camp in mid June ... play some reg season in July and playoffs August, September and 2 weeks October ... run FA and signing period for 2 weeks and then start 2020-21 in November

LeafsNik

Dec 27, 2019
Anybody heard anything about Andreas Johnsson/ Jake Muzzin? This stoppage in play is somewhat of a blessing in disguise for the leafs as they may finally be able to ice a complete team for the first time all season when play resumes. Not only that, but everyone will be in the same boat in terms of coming off a long stoppage so the injured players wont necessarily be at a disadvantage catching up to the speed of play.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Mayor of New York and Las Angeles said they cannot see fans at sporting events in 2020.
Thousands of fans in one area, would likely be the last thing to open they said.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Everyone is now looking for solutions. If not for Trump guaranteed there would be nothing this summer. Trump gives people FALSE hope. With UFC, PGA onside now and the NBA very close to Vegas/LA and MLB is gonna do a Florida league and an Arizona league. Those leagues have kinda leaked their plans out to press. When will NHL start to leak out plans?

Trump has been giving out false hope for some time now, misleading at best, plain lying most of the time. This isn't going to be a good look, when these sports resume too early, and people involved start getting sick, or worse.

horner

May 22, 2007
I like everyone else wants sports and entertainment back as much .
Listening to the governor's of NY, LA, Ohio and extra sports and entertainment will be the last thing opened up
Some are talking about January 2021.
They are listening to health experts not sports.
Cuomo of NY is the only one saying that he would love to see some form of sports. He would love to give people some hope of normalcy.
Until they get a vacsin that works nothing will be normal.

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
Everyone is now looking for solutions. If not for Trump guaranteed there would be nothing this summer. Trump gives people hope. With UFC, PGA onside now and the NBA very close to Vegas/LA and MLB is gonna do a Florida league and an Arizona league. Those leagues have kinda leaked their plans out to press. When will NHL start to leak out plans?

Trump gives people hope?.....Trump is a moron who can’t tell the truth and doesn’t understand that science and epidemiology will determine what we can and can’t do as a society. I don’t want to get into a political debate here but he has done more to hurt Americans regarding COVID-19 than helped.

Look we are all jonesing for some sort of distraction, sports would be a welcome reprieve but unless players and the entire staff are isolated and tested frequently returning to playing our sports leagues is going to be difficult at best.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad